Author Topic: Ep. 420 "Islanded in a Stream of Stars" Discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 9667 times)

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Ep. 420 "Islanded in a Stream of Stars" Discussion (SPOILERS)
RIP Galactica.

Judging by Adama's comments, she's going out with a bang.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: Ep. 420 "Islanded in a Stream of Stars" Discussion (SPOILERS)
RIP Galactica.

Judging by Adama's comments, she's going out with a bang.

As long as the series doesn't end with a whimper, I can accept that. I can even accept a downer ending (to limited extent... I don't want to associate Galactica to a nice boat, if you catch my meaning) as long as they don't make it a Gainax ending... :nervous:

And I think the old lady still has a role to play. And I don't mean Roslin, though that's possible too. Perhaps Anders will commandeer the Bucket... And talking about Roslin and... medicinal herbs, remember to check 10:47 of this gag reel... :lol: Even if you've seen it before. Got a joint indeed...

I am noticing a pattern alternating between slower and action-packed episodes. This week's episode was a good one, not earth-shattering but at least it moved the plot ahead somewhat - scuttling Galactica and how it goes will be interesting to see.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline newman

Anyone else thought the Cylon base looked kinda.. off? And what was with the 1st war era raiders packed there? Hope their presence had a purpose beyond just a visual effect.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
    • Fraktured Reality
yeah I wondered about them too.

I'm guessing it's because the colony was from the era when the cylons first left on their own.

It's not really stated with the colony was kept in use or not over the 40 years, but I guess if it wasn't there'd be old raiders there.
Or something.
- Fraktured Reality

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Cavil probably used up a lot of his more modern Raiders in the civil war. So if he found older ones in mothballs he'd probably use them. I wonder who he got to fly them though. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
yeah, its really setting things up for the final episode
Heard that the final episode is 120 minutes long! Thats going to be good!!!

So galactica will be going down in a fury of a storm
Wonder will the Admiral go down with the ship?

Well plans are in motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1NV9NBHaAQ
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline newman

I wonder who he got to fly them though. :D

Who says old style centurions are the only ones who can fly them? I'll bet new ones can do the job too..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
    • Fraktured Reality
or doral and simon, it's not like they have anything else to do.

The final episode is 3 hours long, split into a one hour ep next week, and the final 2 hours the week after.
Or something.
- Fraktured Reality

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
With the resurrection hub down any skinjob who dies is gone forever. I can't imagine you'll have fun finding volunteers. :D With the new centurions you face the problem that they're pretty thick. The old ones could think for themselves but I doubt that Cavil wants the new ones doing that.

So like I said, I wonder which way he went.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

Cavil doesn't want the raiders to think for themselves, either. They still have their piloting subroutines intact.. he might have just uploaded a fighter pilot program to the centurions without making them fully self aware - same way they can function as guards/troopers without being too bright :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:54:40 am by newman »

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
The scene Kara posts her own photo on the wall is remarkable, indeed.

And poor Galactica...
anyways... to Galactica!

( And now, another beer to kill this frakking flu and some of Demigod online )
-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
anyways... to Galactica!

So say we all. :D

I'm still not getting what's up with Kara Thrace. Is she a Cylon or an angel as Baltar said?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Not a Cylon as we know it.

I think she was reincarnated by Kobol-style resurrection, which I'm guessing worked for non-Cylons.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
But if that's so how did she get a brand-spanking new Viper with a number and plaque (or whatever the thing on the side is that says who pilots the damn thing) matching the old one?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
But if that's so how did she get a brand-spanking new Viper with a number and plaque (or whatever the thing on the side is that says who pilots the damn thing) matching the old one?

God.

Offline newman

Ewoks.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
The same thing is going to happen to the Galactica.

Offline Rainman

Anyone else thought the Cylon base looked kinda.. off? And what was with the 1st war era raiders packed there? Hope their presence had a purpose beyond just a visual effect.

I thought the colony looked strange as hell, and I'm betting on the fact that it can't jump either. The old planes are believable by me, why would he scrap the old ones that came with the colony? The colony is built to suit them, so they could have just kept them in service just like modern armies keep older planes, just because if they were scraped it would be a loss as long as resources aren't short, and for all I know the cylons never had a shortage of tylium or metal. And since they were under constant fear of being attacked by the colonies still, scrapping such fighters would be a significant reduction in the fleet that could compromise defense. Now after the colonies have been wiped out, they can scrap them for new ones though but probably never got to it or are still in the process.

But I'm wondering how they'll take out that massive structure, if that's what they'll end up doing. Considering galactica will "go out in style", I'm thinking it will be great. But how the hell is galactica going to get there, if its more than 12 jumps away?? Galactica is barely in shape for one jump. And the FTL will want to be scavenged for some civilian ship too.

I really liked the double funeral with different ceremonies for the different religions.  A sign that Baltar's monotheists have gotten fairly powerful.  And sadly, I missed the first half.  I was pissed when I found out Sam Anders had been made into Galactica's hybrid.  How could they do that to the old girl?  And yes, the Galactica will be going out in style.  Or did anyone but me see during the previews for the next episode
Spoiler:
Adama mentions "it will most likely be a one-way trip", and his call for volunteers
?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I really liked the double funeral with different ceremonies for the different religions.  A sign that Baltar's monotheists have gotten fairly powerful.  And sadly, I missed the first half.  I was pissed when I found out Sam Anders had been made into Galactica's hybrid.  How could they do that to the old girl?  And yes, the Galactica will be going out in style.  Or did anyone but me see during the previews for the next episode
Spoiler:
Adama mentions "it will most likely be a one-way trip", and his call for volunteers
?
Saw that indeed and its very interesting...

I hope the series ends on a positive note.  But I suspect we'll have allot of pain before we get to that point.

I just hope there is a huge space battle...BSG has had some good ones but not in a good amount of time.  During the send out I demand dramatic space battles with Vipers, Raiders, and so forth.  Of course it has to serve the story but you know what I mean.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."