Author Topic: Battlestar Shape  (Read 17280 times)

Offline newman

Feel free to. I've got no objection to including a model of the TOS Galactica in the game. But it simply can't be part of any serious nBSG plot line.

Speaking of not serious, maybe we could join forces with the FoTG dudes at some point and do a "TOS BSG vs Star Wars" mod :D
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Only if we get to throw Buck Rogers into the mix too. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I can get in touch with the guy who made this Starfighter model...

:nervous:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I can get in touch with the guy who made this Starfighter model...

:nervous:

Nice model, but no need though.
I'm certainly not going to approve the appearence of Buck Rogers ships in Diaspora...well, maybe if "Lexx- the Darkzone" ships are also added. :p

Offline Hotdog

Freespacepilot2010 Heres a link to download a tos bsg mod.It just doesnt have an old Galactica though.

http://swc.fs2downloads.com/files/bsgalpha/
"Life here began out there"-Sacred Scrolls

Speaking of other series in game im in the middle of making a mini campaign set in the freespace 2 universe thats heavily inspired by the original BSG epiosde Experiment on Terra.Its about the fate of Earth which has it in a civil war with two sides going at it.The Eastern and Western alliances.However im only about 5% of the way done.

When Diaspora is released I may try and do a campaign thats also in the Freespace universe but is a continuation of the nBSG.A spoiler.The Shivans are Cylons.

By the way thanks for the link Hotdog.

Also please no Buck Rogers.Ive seen episodes of it on Hulu and its worse than Galactica 1980!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Shut yo mouth foo!

Erin Gray was the hottest sci-fi girl on the planet. Except barbarella.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline newman

We weren't exactly serious about either Buck Rogers or SW in Diaspora :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Shut yo mouth foo!

Erin Gray was the hottest sci-fi girl on the planet...

:yes: , but even she, in her tight flightsuit, was not able to save the plot of most of the episodes.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Eh? What plot. I just watched it for the tight flightsuit or miniskirt. The only two recurring outfits. Twiggy was annoying as hell.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

What was that noise Twiggy made?Tweedle tweedle tweedle?lol.Plus a lot of the scenes you could see the boom mike.And they were so cheap they used footage from BSG rather than making new ones.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Eh? What plot. I just watched it for the tight flightsuit or miniskirt. The only two recurring outfits. Twiggy was annoying as hell.

:lol:
me too actually, but the show could have been sooooooo much better if there was a halfway decent plot.
But hey, at least there have been some lolomgwtf moments, the guy with feathers on his head and shoulders for instance.

back on topic:

Has the Valkyrie been also retconned? The Original ( ep. "Hero" ) didn't has the spoiler-thing on the engine section, like the Valkyrie class vessel in Razor. Or is it a sub-class? Didn't check the BS Wiki, since most ( relativly spoken ) explantions there are just fan-fic or based on assumptions.
Would be cool to have both, though.

Offline Snagger

What was that noise Twiggy made?Tweedle tweedle tweedle?lol.Plus a lot of the scenes you could see the boom mike.And they were so cheap they used footage from BSG rather than making new ones.
Wasn't it "boogie boogie".  I'm amazed the censors allowed the shape of his head, but it sums up the character.

Now, Erin Gray was the one redeeming feature of the show...  mmmm...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Surgeon General's Warning:

Asking newman about adding the rollbar to his Valkyrie is not conducive to living.  Assume it was something specific to it being docked and let the matter drop.  In the words of Yojimbo "a long life eating mush is best"
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline newman

We saw the ship in "the plan" again without the rollbars. Actually, we saw multiple ships of the class there and none of them had it. So now we have the situation where every time the ship is in flight (as opposed to being in dock) the art department chooses not to use the rollbar version, even on the most recent BSG made (definitely made after "Razor" which featured the supposed rollbar variant). The only time we ever saw the ridiculous cocktail bar mounted on the engines was when the ship was in dock in "Razor". The way I see it the theory that it's some part of the dock or some engine diagnostic package they mount when the ship is docked makes most sense.
Secondly, that's the single most ridiculous looking detail put on a bsg vessel. I'm not having it on my ship :)
Also, what Slayer said.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 03:19:56 pm by newman »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
* headdie hands newman his big stick and stands at a safe distance
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Snagger

Secondly, that's the single most ridiculous looking detail put on a bsg vessel. I'm not having it on my ship :)

So, no Valk with purple neon tubes along the undersides of the pods, chromed detailing and fluffy dice/Magic Tree air freshner hanging from the over-head DRADIS console, then? ;7

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Speaking of weird, we might as well throw in a Valentines Day Battlestar
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline Jangiri

just to be slightly off topic was anyone else slightly disappointed with the fact that in the whole of razor we didn't see any rediculous battlestars four times the size the pegasus? cmon the atlantia was supposed to be gigantic

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Who said that it was any bigger than the Pegasus? Hell who said it wasn't the same class as the Pegasus?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]