Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy News

Not a full newsgrid, but news nonetheless (New video!)

<< < (2/4) > >>

chief1983:
I realized that afterwards.  Problem is the Carracks in that mission pop too quick and the X-wing's proton torpedos aren't so useful against the fighters.  I need to rebalance it slightly so they last longer and need more intervention from the player to take them down, perhaps throw in a bomber wing or two.  The proton torp we have right now is kind of interesting looking.

Vector Leader:
Wow! This is coming along so well! Nicely done. :yes: I can't wait to see this when the cockpit interiors are finished. *drools*

I LOVE the new hyperspace jump effect and the new laser bolts are ace. I have a few questions, though. Will you be changing "Subspace Drive Engaged" text to "Hyper Drive Engaged"? Do the ships come to a complete stop before making the jump to hyperspace? I didn't like how the ships would come to a dead stop before jumping to hyperspace in the old X-wing/TIE Fighter sims. As far as I know, that's incorrect. Also, do you plan on changing the deflector shield integrity display to display only two sections (fore and aft) so it's more authentic?

chief1983:
We have some 2 segment shield code currently in limbo, it'll be resurrected in due time.  I'm not sure if the hyperdrive message is hardcoded or not, it may be a graphic edit or something, haven't checked yet.  I believe coming to a complete stop is optional, you can set a higher warpout speed but if you're going slower you may have to accelerate to that speed instead of just going instantaneously.

TopAce:

--- Quote --- I'm not sure if the hyperdrive message is hardcoded or not, it may be a graphic edit or something, haven't checked yet.
--- End quote ---

It's an ANI that's part of the HUD. Modifiable in the same manner as the crosshair or any interface art.

chief1983:
Yeah then we can totally edit that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version