Author Topic: New screens thread  (Read 6574 times)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
a few shots from CoW 2.

Warlock in dryock

Don't let this happen.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I see old Atlantis model and a lot of retail textures :wtf:.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I also spot a distinct lack of lvlshot.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
These images are abysmally small wtf is with you and your obsession of everything using [lvlshot]?

Second screen looks like a battle-hearty mission. :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh god the second one is the mission with the billion mjolnirs lol.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

lvlshot would stretch these mages out, making them look significantly worse. And stop posting that in every single screenshot thread. Either contribute something constructive, or GTFO and get a bigger monitor. Sitting there and constantly sniping about something so meaningless while contributing absolutely nothing makes you look like a tool.

As for the shots themselves, well, I struggled to see what was going on in the second shot - tbh, the big, solid drydock type installations have never made much sense to me, but I know some people like 'em.

Looking again though, the Warlock could really benefit froma  few thousand extra polies. Might not be practical for you to do it yourself, I understand that, but on a ship that big, the retailness is really gonna show up ingame.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:11:44 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
I see old Atlantis model and a lot of retail textures :wtf:

yes you do.  We aren't touching any textures, Atlantis was a main part of the Original CoW 2, and I don't use media .vp when building.

guilty as charged.
These images are abysmally small wtf is with you and your obsession of everything using [lvlshot]?

Second screen looks like a battle-hearty mission. :)

ok the pics are bigger.

Oh god the second one is the mission with the billion mjolnirs lol.

only a half a billion now.  The first one is from a new mission that wasn't released originally.

As for the shots themselves, well, I struggled to see what was going on in the second shot - tbh, the big, solid drydock type installations have never made much sense to me, but I know some people like 'em.

Looking again though, the Warlock could really benefit froma  few thousand extra polies. Might not be practical for you to do it yourself, I understand that, but on a ship that big, the retailness is really gonna show up ingame.

I agree about the Warlock, but i'm not a modeller, mapper, nor texturer.  Since she was the main ship in the campaign in 2005-6, changing her now would require a rebalancing of the whole campaign.  We aren't updating CoW 2, just fixing some things that were wrong, same as CoW 1.  The ending that people hated is being redone to something that will maybe make people happy.  I mean you know HLP likes to feel the warm fuzzies.

Casualties of War

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I suggest we get rid of those retailish nebulae and use LS's pack. The bitmaps we have now served their purpose when CoW2 was released. Today, they're outdated.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Sitting there and constantly sniping about something so meaningless while contributing absolutely nothing makes you look like a tool.

Just as a point of order, it feels a little unjust to accuse someone of contributing absolutely nothing when they have an entire hosted project board for their work.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
i agree.

Casualties of War

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
yeah we'll get rid of the nebulae and go with LS nebulae.

Casualties of War

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Talk with Moonred [aka MoonMoon], he's one of the coolest modelers on HLP and he likes working on old models :). I think he can change old-school Warlock into HTL godness :D.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Sitting there and constantly sniping about something so meaningless while contributing absolutely nothing makes you look like a tool.

Just as a point of order, it feels a little unjust to accuse someone of contributing absolutely nothing when they have an entire hosted project board for their work.

Delayed though I am in responding to this, I meant to the thread. Should have been clearer on that.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
A work in progress, the pixellation is being caused by conversion to jpeg.  But this is what I am working on atm.  The ground being used in the test isn't what will be used in release....it is simply what I have atm. 

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Casualties of War