Author Topic: Dev Pics  (Read 10909 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I don't know why but it has a pretty Viper feel for me. You might need to add some sharp edges to separate gun mounts from the main shape of the fighter. Very nice work :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
I knew it felt familiar, now that you said Viper i see it.  1978.  Gun mounts will be from a different metal for separation.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
ok Finding time to actually do anything is not easy.  But I did find some time to work on the model a bit more.  Added some scales up front for a plate armor feel.

Also some ribs going down the sides as well as a lowering of the upper missile launchers, they aren't as tall as they were:

And then some engine work:

and finally, worked on the wings, slimmed them down a bit, I think that it offers a more sleek look.

Casualties of War

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm still not convinced to shape of the glass. It's bulge-like shape ruins the flow of the fighter that is sleek and slender. I have also one suggestion regarding wings.

Improve shape of the wings like this.

That's all. I'm starting to like this more and more :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
I tried the long sweep on the wings, but then opted for the long leading edge from an F/A 18 coupled with a slimmed down version of something akin to the cranked arrow look of the F16XL wings, seen here. 

Now that you mention it, maybe a sleeker cockpit is in order on this fighter, I'll see what I can do on both counts.

Casualties of War