Hosted Projects - Standalone > Archived Star Wars Conversion Threads

wanna help us??

<< < (4/16) > >>

c914:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by KARMA

you are in.

You'll start making lods, debris, fixing some stuff, pofediting, and hopefully you'll start making full ships soon
--- End quote ---

ok thix:)
just tell me what to do with witsh model:D

--- Quote ---Originally posted by akeizm
I guess I can give modeling a go.  Just what is expected?  I still have to learn how to set the models up properly.  The ship I made did get into the game, I had hitpoints and moved etc.  But I couldn't get the guns to shoot....It had no textures either.  But hey, it was a start.

Just for some modeling reference these are the pics of the Cap ship I made.  (Note it has been updated since those screenshots, but not much.  My friend reduced some of the redundant polys and I've also made the hangerbay smaller.)

http://members.optushome.com.au/akeizm/model/
--- End quote ---

it's an excellent start in my opinion;)

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Miburo
My offer as FREDer still is avalaile, also making effects shouldn't be problem, of course its depending which kind of a effects?
--- End quote ---

What's your knowledge of FSO sexps?
about effects,
would you be able to create, for example, glowmaps, animated glowmaps, debris textures, shockwaves (maybe taken from other mods with permission?) and the like?

Miburo:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by KARMA

What's your knowledge of FSO sexps?
about effects,
would you be able to create, for example, glowmaps, animated glowmaps, debris textures, shockwaves (maybe taken from other mods with permission?) and the like?
--- End quote ---

FSO has been on minimal use for me, I know what SEXPs does, no need to worry about it, what I am worried do I really have time for another MOD? What comes to end, I most likely make Imperial mini-campaign when you release enough stuff.

Never made any glowmaps (thou how I see it, I don't think it can be most hardest thing in world), nor animated, no textures (not my stuff), or shockwave, I am no renderer. If I do it will stay on suns, planets, weapon effects, etc. I am "old school" person and I don't have much time to start learning new stuff.

I am more of in these days for FS2 a table editer (can modify pretty much all tables on FS2, haven't met one which I couldn't understand), which doesn't require that much time of mine.

what we mostly need atm are freedders to work on a "teaser"
we have many fighters more or less ready, and I'd like to release em to give something to play while we make enough other ships to create some "true" minicamps.
The idea is to release something that will show our models, the graphic beauty of FSO and the powers of FREDopen.
The minicamps of the teaser will be based upon the fighters, and therefore melees. There can't be a "true" story for obvious reasons.
I think that the best way to create minicamps with those specifics is to create an "arcade style" minicamp.
Something like- if you played at it- the melee tournament in tachyon.
Persistent variables will be heavily used: you'll have a score, like an arcade game, based upon your damages at the end of the each duel, the time required to win, opponent's level, difficulty, how many times you died etc. You will have moneys, to buy new ships/weapons as soon as they are avaiable. There may be "secret levels". You will have some degree of freedom in choosing the opponents. You will meet famous characters (luke, vader...) etcetc....
I'm not a fredder admittedly, and I don't know how much of this can be done or how, but this is the general idea.
Two arcade melee minicamps, one for imperials and one for rebels.
Top Ace is starting working on this, but I'm sure he could use an hand, if you are interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version