Author Topic: *poke poke*  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
you guys alive? :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

The whole purpose of my sudden Death Star outburst, is to zap some life back into this project which I still have faith in. Not to mention I needed a break from the BSG project for a bit. :) . I'm hoping its attention will get more hands on deck to help push this project forward.

Once I finish the DS, I'm more than willing to help in porting over the fine work from www.xwaupgrade.com into the FSO engine.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
@Omni:

If you can help me backing the hundreds of small textures into a few UV-Maps that would be great. I'll take care of the pof-editing.

And if you have the time, you can help me creating LOD's. I thought they were in the opt-files too, but they aren't (or at least they aren't extracted too).
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Cobra, start asking this question if you don't see any activity in the forum for half a year. We do have some activity, especially in the recent week, thanks to Starman01 and Omniscaper.

Otherwise, to answer your question: Yes, we are STILL alive.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

@Starman01:

I´ve been in contact with Karma, and he said I should join the bakery team.. I understand that you have already a way of doing things, it would be great if you could give me a few pointers. I´ve already baked  the b-wing, I could send it(& the texture) to you, and you could tell me what to do differently...

Oh and btw: Hi ya all! :)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hello Kazooie,

welcome aboard :) That's certainly some good news. Currently I'm backing these textures in truespace by the trial and error-method. It's possible, but a very complicated way of doing these things, escpecially if the model has more than 25 maps. Luckily all maps-sizes are dividable by 64, so I can "calculate" the correct UV-Coordinates :)

I'm sure Topace or someone else will give you internal access soon. Until then you can send me the model and the UV-Map to my email : m.pretli*AT*t-online.de.

When you haven't decided what to work on next yet, let me suggest the Interdictor-cruiser. I've downloaded the model yesterday and it's certainly one helluva model, I want to see that ingame, how about you ? :)

Starman©
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Can I see it too?

Oh and the flight through the DS is quite impressive...a little bit fast, maybe you used timecompression...or is the mod that fast?

PS: Are their any plans on doing a demo or something like that for the SW mod?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 08:29:44 am by 551 »
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by General Kazooie
@Starman01:

I´ve been in contact with Karma, and he said I should join the bakery team.. I understand that you have already a way of doing things, it would be great if you could give me a few pointers. I´ve already baked  the b-wing, I could send it(& the texture) to you, and you could tell me what to do differently...

Oh and btw: Hi ya all! :)

You're the guy he's talked to, eh? Getting you access now...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
so you finally came in, goood:)

Okay, just sent the mesh with the texture to starman, sure hope I understood what you guys want from me correctly :)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Access has been granted. Welcome to HLP, General Kazooie. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Thanks, I see that there´s plenty of reading to do before I can get aquainted with the mod :)

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Originally posted by Omniscaper
The whole purpose of my sudden Death Star outburst, is to zap some life back into this project which I still have faith in. Not to mention I needed a break from the BSG project for a bit. :) . I'm hoping its attention will get more hands on deck to help push this project forward.

Once I finish the DS, I'm more than willing to help in porting over the fine work from www.xwaupgrade.com into the FSO engine.

Yeah, it even made me feel sorry for it, thru my Pain in the butt, love and hate UVmapping of the Astral Queen.:lol:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.