General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

Feature wishlist - Requests & Comments

<< < (19/20) > >>

CP5670:
I brought this up some time ago and it should be doable in principle. You don't need to predict the latency exactly, but just use an approximation based on an average of the last few seconds of ping measurements. That should work well in most cases and would be much better than what the game currently does.

Psychoo:
My wish is an D3d build compatiblile with new FSNET. No graphic enchancements support needed, only for raw multiplayer puroposes. That would be great thing for everyone who want to play multi, but are unable to launch OpenGL FSO on their laptops with ATI cards... like me.  :)

QuantumDelta:
that's not really a multi request and, unfortunately, that probably wont ever happen (as much as I wish it would). :<

The E:

--- Quote from: Psychoo on August 18, 2010, 03:42:08 am ---My wish is an D3d build compatiblile with new FSNET. No graphic enchancements support needed, only for raw multiplayer puroposes. That would be great thing for everyone who want to play multi, but are unable to launch OpenGL FSO on their laptops with ATI cards... like me.  :)

--- End quote ---

No way in hell. We do not have a Direct3D programmer on staff, and even if we had, since Direct3D is MS-only, it's not an option.
Anyway, why not head on other to the troubleshooting board? I, or someone else, might be able to get you set up there. Because there are several hundred people who wplay FSO with ATI cards with no difficulty.

chief1983:
Being Windows only isn't a reason we're not doing it, if we had a coder who was really interested in maintaining D3D support without breaking OpenGL we'd have it, but we don't have that coder and aren't actively seeking one.  We do maintain other features only for certain platforms like TTS, so D3D would always be a possibility as far as that's concerned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version