General FreeSpace > Blue Planet Multi

Player Capship Gameplay and Mechanics

<< < (2/11) > >>

Commander Zane:

--- Quote from: bigchunk1 on June 03, 2011, 02:44:25 pm ---Long ranged ordinance: Sanctus' Warhammers get temporarily swapped with Apocalypse#Narayana which has 12000m range.

--- End quote ---
A missile that isn't a quarter the length of the ship itself would probably be a better choice. I think both the Karuna and Solaris use the same model which is smaller than the Narayana's.

bigchunk1:
I just checked the tables and you are correct that the Solaris uses a MissileL.pof, Different from the Karuna and Narayana's MissileXL.pof. I'm not actually sure exactly how the MissileXL.pof sizes up compared to the Sanctus. If the ability gets put into the game, we'll test and make a decision then. Using a solaris missile might be a viable alternative though the range will be shorter, unless we retable new ones.

Commander Zane:
The Karuna also uses MissileXL? I thought the Apocalypse#Karuna used MissileL along with the Apocalypse#Solaris.
I looked in the lab and the Karuna's missiles are MissileM, I was wrong there.

Qent:

--- Quote from: bigchunk1 on June 03, 2011, 02:44:25 pm ---Signal lasers: disables all beam weaponry a given distance from the activating ship for a given amount of time.

--- End quote ---
Please no. You will cheapen one of the most dramatic moments of WiH.

SypheDMar:

--- Quote from: Qent on June 03, 2011, 06:03:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: bigchunk1 on June 03, 2011, 02:44:25 pm ---Signal lasers: disables all beam weaponry a given distance from the activating ship for a given amount of time.

--- End quote ---
Please no. You will cheapen one of the most dramatic moments of WiH.

--- End quote ---
This is for PvP capship battles only. It's not canon. :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version