Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wings of Dawn

1st nuWod anniversary

<< < (8/8)

-Norbert-:
Ah, the last death was hilarious... for viewers anyway. If that happened to me I'd probably take a bite out of my keyboard.

Yes! I did it! *mine* *boom* ......   :mad::hopping: :banghead:

:lol:

Spoon:
Hey man, 4 years is plenty veteran to me. Most people that have hanged out here for longer haven't necessarily played more than you have.
And yeah agreed, recording the VN bits seem kind of pointless. I was just lamenting how the actual gameplay only amounted to an hour or so (assuming you beat all missions in one go).

And yeah, wow. That death compilation shows why I decided to give the player the 0.8 damage factor on medium, hard and insane. You'll sometimes die really fast if the enemy gets a short amount of alone time with your rear end. (And since I'm not as good at my own game as you are, I also needed to be able to playtest on insane and not repeately die  :shaking: )

And as -Norbert- said, that last death was great  :p

FrikgFeek:
Yeah, I guess. The most drastic change was definitely removing the AI fire and turn rate penalties though.

Wingman average originally had a 1.2 factor for firerate and 1.6 for turn rate even on insane. Not only did they do quite a bit less damage due to both the player damage factor and firerate limit, they wouldn't even be able to get on the shapely behind of your lovely ray due to that huge turn rate penalty.
Removing those limits turns even the mookiest of mook pirates into somewhat credible threats if you're not paying attention.

That last death provoked a girly scream tbh. Took my hands off the gamepad, did a little stretch as I just glide over back to the zephy, campaign over and space elves shown what's what. And then that random mine just flies in out of nowhere and kills me :mad:.

LoneFan:

--- Quote from: FrikgFeek on May 08, 2016, 09:42:33 pm ---Yeah, I guess. The most drastic change was definitely removing the AI fire and turn rate penalties though.

Removing those limits turns even the mookiest of mook pirates into somewhat credible threats if you're not paying attention.

--- End quote ---
A hard lesson for those used to having the deck staked in their favor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version