General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging

<< < (129/163) > >>

redmagejoe:
Tomorrow . . .

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxkQkHKdIwivmKoTg0Ydzze45B5MK_9q7i

herkie423:
I'm glad you are having a blast with the live play although you struggled a bit. But, yeah, AFR 2 is a different animal altogether and it is more chaotic.

There's a bug with Osiris bombers though. It seems your shot damage don't effect much. I don't know what the bug is since it's not my custom model. Their hull and shield are the same with other vasudan bombers. And in my end I can kill them fairly easy.

Anyway, Osiris bomber were only used in 2 or 3 missions in the entire campaign. So if you encounter them, just cheat.

Regarding with secondary objectives and bonus objectives, some these are very hard to achieve. They are like "achievements." And they don't really fail the mission.

In your last mission of the stream, the 2nd convoy group is nearly impossible to save, it's the story. It was meant to introduce the deadliness of the Anubis Cruisers. I suggest killing the Weapons subs and not the reactor. Anubis Cruisers are fairly easy to disarm.

herkie423:
Some Info in AFR 2

CO of the 7th BG: Admiral Neil Cartwright
Flagship: Midway

Squadrons assigned to the 7th BG:
76th Ice Queens (Midway)
70th Blue Lions (Churchill)
78th Wyverns (Gettysburg or Midway)

----‐--------------------

I have posted these hints in my AFR 2 thread sometime in 2021.

For ships, there are only 2 types that should be your "goto." The Avalanche and the Raptor. Forget using bombers or the Phoenix or the Dark Angels unless that's all you have.

For weapons. Remember each has its advantages and disadvantages. But the "goto" for this campaign is the Starfury and the Devastator, both have good subsystem damage that is almost like the Akherton. Next in line is the Ripper. The Skyrail is not very good (though I added it in my weapon list).

Now, dealing with many bombers. Although I can wipe them all out under a minute, i recommend giving orders to ALL your wings to attack just one of them, preferably the center of the pack, and your wings will help you decimate them.

Armed yourself and your wingmates with the best weapon available. The Starfury Scattergun, the Widowmaker if available (which is rarely available), the Screamer rockets (contrary to what everyone believes, it is very effective), trebuchets (they still have their worth) and lastly, the Blizzard SDG but only arm this yourself and not your mates (they tend to prerably use this and this weapon has no physical damage)

For capships. Vasdan cruisers, they are deadly to capships despite their size and very dangerous to approach with their flak cannons (they have 25), so brave the flak and destroy their reactors and they will explode. But if they are threatening assets you're protecting, quickly disarm them by targeting the Weapons Subs. For the deadly Vasudan corvette, it has no exposed reactor so disarm it completely by targeting the "weapons" subsystem. This is the same as the Archania destroyer. You have to be quick or they will tear you apart with their flaks or devastate the assets you are protecting. Vasudan capships are armed to the teeth. Those Hornviper torpedoes will tear your assets apart at very long range. Those Meson cannons (these are not regular lasers) which is analogous to the Terran Antimatter cannons (green projectile) are devastating now than in Reboot. Don't take out the turrets, take out the subsystem controlling it. Do this in strictly 2 minutes everytime. Everytime. An example is the mission "Caucus for peace," the two Archanias will destroy the transport Katrina in two minutes. Neutralize the two destroyers in two minutes, and yes, two destroyers. I can do that by using the Starfury and widowmakers, no need for the Blizzard.

Oh, yes. Mostly forget the enemy fighters. They are a distraction.

Colonol Dekker:
Googling my teamspeak delay yields only distance as a probable cause. Yet I had better results from a mobile phone in a tent at the foot of a welsh mountain 🤣🤣

herkie423:

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on January 30, 2023, 01:24:20 am ---Googling my teamspeak delay yields only distance as a probable cause. Yet I had better results from a mobile phone in a tent at the foot of a welsh mountain 🤣🤣

--- End quote ---

I hope there's no problem when I join Team Speak using mobile. But the time difference really throws me off. When Joe streams, it is 2am here. Way too late.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version