Author Topic: Now THAT'S what I call BEAMS!  (Read 2976 times)

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Now THAT'S what I call BEAMS!
It'll never beat FreeSpace, but that is some impressive weaponry! If we build a lot of these, we have a perfect way of dealing with any alien visitors (as long as they're not too big, or they'll become meteors instead  :lol:).

I know there's an old C&C thread here already (having just searched for it), but I thought this was a good shot.

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
Re: Now THAT'S what I call BEAMS!
c&c generals, horrible little game. on c&c3
Spoiler:
the ion cannon tried that routine and look where it got earth, almost defeated once by the scrin
:P
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline ssmit132

• Steam
    • Twitter
Fair enough, that's your opinion and I have no problem with it. It's the first C&C I've tried and I'm hooked. (For the moment - I'm also hooked with Pokemon at the moment, don't know why  :p)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
the ion cannon tried that routine and look where it got earth, almost defeated once by the scrin
:P

tbfh that probably made things better, not worse. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
technically speaking an effietient beam wouldnt be visable at all :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Oh, the beam certainly would be visible, but you'd be seeing it as the white light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline Nuclear1

(For the moment - I'm also hooked with Pokemon at the moment, don't know why  :p)

Nothing wrong with that.  I'm 19, serving in the military, and my Magikarp just evolved into Gyarados! :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
If there weren't any bugs or balance issues, C&C: Gens - ZH would be one of the best strategy games.

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
What exactly are they trying to shoot?

Anyway, I sort of don't like units that can't fit on your screen in strategy Age of (insert word here) games, as for the colour choice... :eek:
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
(For the moment - I'm also hooked with Pokemon at the moment, don't know why  :p)

I wish I knew why I still play that damn game sometimes. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Steam
    • Twitter

Anyway, I sort of don't like units that can't fit on your screen in strategy Age of (insert word here) games, as for the colour choice... :eek:

I was playing skirmish as General Alexis (Hence, why I chose purple :nod:) and was raining them down on the laser general. I'm the sort of person who won't attack if his base is not well protected (but I just broke that trend today in the Chinese campaign).

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I built 30 of those partical weapons once. Built more until the list ran out of the screen. Then used one beam per structure, and eventually per tank...
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I built 50 nuclear missile silos once. Funny note: I wasn't Shin Tao.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

The Particle Cannon in C&C Generals fires up into space (you're looking at the emitters here) and then are bounced back down onto the target.  The colour of the beams is in relation to the team colour.  Why they thought pink might be a good idea is beyond me.

Not sure what you mean about units fitting on the screen....in Generals the default view is to have lots and lots on screen at a time.  But you can zoom in and rotate around a single tank if you wanted.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The colour of the beam is always blue. Unless you're the Super Weapon General (Alexis), in which case the beam is pink.

Although I agree, pink is a poor choice of colour for a beam.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
She is a girl. I love her Alpha Aurouras though, and her EMP Patriots rock hard against the Tank General.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I loathe the super-sonic bombers, because of their invulnerability. That reminds me of a bug....

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Pinpoint Laser (Townes i think :nervous) is the best......LAser Tanks and Super ION cannon Laser PDT's are the mose effective defense imho :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The Airforce General gets LPDs on chinooks.

My favorite strategy is to load a (or several) combat chinook with 2 humvees (4 rocket troops and 1 sniper each), a random unit, and Colonol Burton. You would then surround the combat chinook with regular chinooks (left over from supply farming), thus making you invulnerable to rockets.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Meh. I just spam King Raptors and Stealth Fighters. And do manual flying.