Author Topic: Want to know what happens next?  (Read 5937 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Want to know what happens next?
Despite real life swamping the lot of us, Blue Planet is never forgotten. There's a huge batch of story content in the pipeline, and with luck I'll have news for you soon.

You'll get a glimpse at the events of Act 4, Act 5, and a conclusion of War in Heaven...although perhaps not the same conclusion you'd see in the game. If you want to play the ending before you read it, o beeple, start thinking hard! There may yet be spoilers adrift in months to come.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Re: Want to know what happens next?
Spoil us rotten!

The only thing I don't like spoiled is my food!

Wait, hang on, I should probably put some more exceptions in there, for safety's sake.

Offline Veers

DLC starting from $14.95?

Can't wait!
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Luis Dias

So.... this confirms that there won't be an actual release of acts 4 and 5, or I totally misread that?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Not to immediately go for the most negative interpretation, but should we read anything into this from a campaign completion perspective? Is this an attempt to build hype for a release that's perhaps not too far away? Or, more worryingly, a hedge in case the next couple of acts aren't ever finished/aren't finished for quite some years?

[EDIT]Semi ninja'd by Luis.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Aesaar

Since there hasn't been any sort of release since January 2013, I think the primary reason behind this is to build up a bit of hype and make fans excited again, which in turn motivates the team.

No, this isn't meant to replace an Act 4 release.  We're just all in a lull ATM.  A lot of real-life things going on.  Battuta has a cunning plan to alleviate that some.

also baruttuta come back to #bp pls
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:54:57 am by Aesaar »

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Weren't acts 1 and 2 released in August 2010? So far still a longer wait between then and Tenebra than Tenebra and Act 4.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Let's not forget that there's been work on the already-released acts (voice acting for 1&2, dreamscape tutorials for 3, talk of other balance changes) as well as the unreleased ones, including at least some work on AoA.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Luis Dias

Yeah, that totally feels like feature-creep to me. I think it's high time we make a class action suit against the BP team because this is absolutely unforgivable for a kickstarter pro....

wait, wrong thread.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I haven't managed to get my next book or the voice acting for BP2 done. (The voice work is so close to finished it's driving me mad.) I'm on contract for two more novels. Realistically, Act 4/5 is far away.

I don't care about hype or hedges or whatever. I do care about telling this story.

The most important part of BP is the community of brilliant people talking and thinking about the story. I want to give that community some fresh meat.

And we're not actually talking direct BP spoilers. If this works out, it'll be a sequel to Morrigan in the Sunglare - so a few key differences from the BPverse.

Offline Luis Dias

Oh so not something like the BP lore small fictions that we got in WiH, but an actual short story? Battuta, you spoil us with such delicious gifts!

And we're not actually talking direct BP spoilers. If this works out, it'll be a sequel to Morrigan in the Sunglare - so a few key differences from the BPverse.

Ohhhh. YES PLEASE! I would love that.

(Random aside: I showed Morrigan to my wife, and she read it, and then she started asking me to play through WiH with her watching so she could get more of the backstory. Needless to say, she didn't have to ask twice..  :D)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Quote from: BattutaGeneral
I haven't managed to get my next book or the voice acting for BP2 done. (The voice work is so close to finished it's driving me mad.) I'm on contract for two more novels. Realistically, Act 4/5 is far away.

As much as this is beautiful, I'd rather BattutaGeneral get the voice acting done instead TBH.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I just can't find the time and mental energy. I've got two
books, two steady girlfriends, work for Destiny, and a lot of blog posts to write for the book launch. If I could just get a spare week or two... :(

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
books, two steady girlfriends, work for Destiny, and a lot of blog posts to write for the book launch. If I could just get a spare week or two... :(

No worries Batt; were it so important it be done ASAP people would pay you for it. Besides can imagine how full your plate is at the moment with your launch round the corner as you say (will actually be getting that soon now I think about it :yes:).

All the best with those next books btw!
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

No wonder you're knackered!!! LOL!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

If this works out, it'll be a sequel to Morrigan in the Sunglare - so a few key differences from the BPverse.
I've looked around, and I've seen a few other references to this by other people, but I can't find anything like this. Can someone give me a link and an explanation as to what this is?
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Here you go:
http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/dickinson_03_14/

General Battuta = Seth Dickenson

It's a great short story set in the BP universe, at the end of act 2.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Here you go:
http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/dickinson_03_14/

General Battuta = Seth Dickenson

It's a great short story set in the BP universe, at the end of act 2.

Small correction: While the universe of Morrigan bears strong resemblance to the one in BP, it is not the same. For example, all references to FS have been purged from those stories.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns