Author Topic: My Thoughts on Inferno  (Read 1600 times)

My Thoughts on Inferno
Sorry about making another thread on this subject, but for some reason I am unable to reply to posts or edit my own.

Inferno is a lot of fun so far, with some brilliant battles that will be difficult to forget. However, I feel a few things are missing.

For starters, there really is no desperation (yet). Freespace 2 was a nice change because the Humans and Vasudans were the underdogs, being hounded by the seemingly invincible and inexhaustible Shivans. Inferno's giant ships (Diablo/Nemesis) seem just too easy to eliminate.

Second, the mission design is a little strange. Some missions are ridiculously difficult, whereas others are a breeze. It seems to shift back and forth a little too readily. You may want to give your level designers a stern talking to. However, I do know how hard it is to build and balance a mission, so I can let that slide considering they'll learn from their mistakes.

Overall though, its quite well done. The new ships and models make Freespace 2 fresh again. It's been a long wait for some good mods, but finally we're getting some :)

Offline Solatar

If you've been following this project you'd know that this is a little taster and that bigger and deadlier ships are coming.:D