Author Topic: INF Reference Bible  (Read 7025 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Since some people seem to want something like this I may do one. Question is what do you want in it?

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I can't really speak for the entire world, but your best bet would be some timelines. With such timelines, players can make missions based at any point in Inferno history, whether it be before, during or even after the campaign itself.

Also useful would be perhaps node maps of GTVA, Shivan and Ancinet territory. With these, people can accuratly locate their missions, and people who like exploring into the unknown can find an uncharted jump node or set of uncharted systems to send a poor little destroyer into.

I don't know if it's compatible with inferno, but a truly awesome node map is avalible on the Devil and the Deep Blue website under MOD's (More uncharted systems then you can shake a shivan at :D)
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nodemap is already avaliable

Timeline is done, now goes from 2335 to 2401. Ends with the end of ch1 since I don't want to give anything away :)

Offline T-Man

How about the distance each vessel takes to warp in and out of hyperspace. This would be especially useful for FREDers as they can use a Distance SEXP to make ships depart\Enter INTO\FROM the jump node rather than a meter off.

I've always found, by the way, a good way to do this is to place a waypoint in the center of the Jump node (Or Knossos or whatever) and pretend that is the Node for SEXP purposes.

Also, though it's not really to do with the Inferno universe mainly, it would be nice to have a little guide for people on how to add\remove ships from the tech room and ship tbl's.

What I would be mostly interested in is general info on EA. Are they Hitler wannabees, "Kill Vasudans" style, are they authoritarian, what did you model them after.

Is it Bosch revisited? Differences, similarities?

I have some ideas concerning them, but I would love some official-dom so that I can have something "real" to go on.

Something like what Eismo is doing for TV war.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
General info about Ancients why they are still live and some other stuff
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Everything.....
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Culando

A detailed table of the ships would be nice. Speed, weaponry, general size etc. It would be very useful for mission makers.
The boy who cried project.

Offline pasti

• http://soon.coom
quick guide how to make big mods like the INF :)
that would be nice :)
I'm a cold heartbreaker
Fit ta burn and I'll rip
your heart in two
An I'll leave you lyin' on the bed
I'll be out the door before ya wake
It's nuthin' new ta you
'Cause I think we've seen that movie too

Dressing like your sister
Living like a tart
You don't know what you doing
Babe, it must be art

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Culando
A detailed table of the ships would be nice. Speed, weaponry, general size etc. It would be very useful for mission makers.

you can use fred open or tableview for that.

Offline Culando

Just thought of table view this morning actually. As for Fred open, are you just referring to fred or another program? I've been out of the loop for quite a while.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Culando
As for Fred open, are you just referring to fred or another program? I've been out of the loop for quite a while.

Fred_Open is the open-source version of Fred that incorperates new features.  There's a set of Inferno-specific executables on the Inferno website too.  Normal FRED should still work with the Inferno Ch1 release though.  If you have not done so already, go check out the Source Code Project forums, you might find that extremely interesting.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Originally posted by T-Man
I don't know if it's compatible with inferno, but a truly awesome node map is avalible on the Devil and the Deep Blue website under MOD's (More uncharted systems then you can shake a shivan at :D)

[pimp]I made that map :D

Was one of the first node maps i did -=click=-:thepimp:[/pimp]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 12:52:46 pm by 575 »
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Woomeister
you can use fred open or tableview for that.

Yes, and you can find out the number of people in a country with a census. But encyclopaedias contain this type of information... they are exhaustive, not exclusive.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Culando

I actually decided to make up my own chart for just about every ship except support, freighters and transports. Took me a good 3-4 hours. XD;; Maybe when I collect the last bit of info I need, I'll post them up here.

I need to do the weapons sometime too.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I might do a ship guide on how to use a ship (strengths, weaknesses, best firing areas) but I'm not spending hours making a stat table when tableview does it in a few seconds.

Offline Culando

Table view also has a ton of info that some people don't exactly in the need in the way of the usefull stuff.

My fighter tables have Class, Name, Speed, Armor (from the description), Maneuverability (also from desc), Primary Banks (4x2 means 2 banks with 4 and 2 guns respecively), Secondary Banks and the deployment (space sup, interceptor, etc.) All the info that Fredders need I think. Sure it took me a long time, but I find it a lot more usefull than the Table View.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Also telling us the speeds of the bombs would be very helpful (aside from "slow, slower, slowest").
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
yeah, there's also: strong, stronger, strongest :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline T-Man

One great addition Woo would be a guide telling people all the problems that we can face in Inferno (bugs, crashes, errors, etc.) and ways to deal with them. This would be helpfull for people who hate diving into somthing they don't really know much about (like me :D) and people who don't want to put somthing on that could possibly destroy their highly expensive top-of-the-line PC (like me :D)