Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > The Scroll of Atankharzim

RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I

<< < (74/79) > >>

Goober5000:

--- Quote from: CT27 on October 10, 2022, 10:02:41 pm ---A minor detail question:

Was the picture (BMP) for Scroll updated?  The Vasudan looks a little darker than before and his/her cloak a little more red than before.
--- End quote ---

It was not only updated, it was completely redone, using all-new assets.  Here are the before and after images:

Antares:
Is there a way to toggle MediaVPs content, or is that baked into the campaign file? The recent addition of more hi-poly models is causing some graphical corruption on my end because my GPU keeps running out of memory.

Goober5000:

--- Quote from: Antares on November 01, 2022, 08:58:31 pm ---Is there a way to toggle MediaVPs content, or is that baked into the campaign file? The recent addition of more hi-poly models is causing some graphical corruption on my end because my GPU keeps running out of memory.
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, the most recent versions of Scroll contain very high-poly models such as the Udjat and Arachnas, so even if you disabled the MediaVPs, your GPU might struggle.  I would suggest rolling back to a previously released version.  Try 1.4.0.

And to specifically answer your question, no, the MediaVPs are pretty heavily intertwined with Scroll at this point, so it's not really possible to run without them.

Galemp:
Can I suggest that the nUdjat and similarly high-poly models go into a Scroll_Advanced VP?

CP5670:
I've had Scroll on my radar for a long time but only just got around to playing it. Great missions with a very Vasudan atmosphere and dialogue. I actually really liked the scanning stealth missions and the stealth HUD is a big improvement over older campaigns with stealth missions. It's fun to play through both branches and see the same events from different points of view. The music is also very fitting for the missions. I especially like the piece in the first stealth mission. The voice acting works well and took me a while to understand. The Terran speech sounds garbled to you as a Vasudan, and then the translator says it in a way you understand. I totally lost it when I heard what audio was used for the Vasudan laugh. :D

Like BTA, Scroll gets a lot of small details right to create a world that sucks you in, without ever feeling very dramatic. I like how all the tech room descriptions express a Vasudan point of view and the "GVTA" follows that idea too, V comes before T from the Vasudan perspective. However, I agree with SF-Junky that the story doesn't really explore its potential, at least in Part 1. What are the Shivans doing in these systems? They seem to be in a defensive posture compared to FS1 or FS2 and are easily deceived until the last two missions. I'm guessing that will be for Part 2. The scroll verses also feel disconnected from the campaign plot, as nicely written as they are. Maybe in Part 2, you can have the scroll describe missions in an allegorical manner from a "narrator's" perspective and you then see it play out from a pilot's perspective (the game Cryostasis is a great example of this).

I'm definitely looking forward to Part 2 of this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version