Author Topic: Freespace Open Trailer  (Read 50052 times)

Offline Gunteen6

• Don't let life get you down! Get up! Go!
    • S31-IKS Parent Boards
I resolve my strange sound issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1fJJZa_jc

You need to fix the final screen for the 1080p since all icon get cut.

The 1080 there looked nice... but I felt that the gamma was a bit too low in this version. While it made the Shivan ships look fricken scary it also reduced the terran fighters in several shots to their engine glows.
Gunteen6 is now S31-Syntax! If I could change the name, I would!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Spidey, you are a treasure!

I nearly cried, but not for Ash...   :)

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Weird thing happened; stuttering stopped. I must have needed a reboot or something.

Anyway, Eolis has a good version of it with bloom, so I won't be bothering with that, as I think it kills the scene by quite a bit (since you just can't see most of what's going on). I would of course have done it if he hadn't, since it's not my place to decide, but there's no reason why we can't have two versions. Everyone can decide what looks best for themselves. Also, some of the action that my run caught was great, especially the Deimos beaming the Lucy at the end and leaving the trail.

I ran full 32x AA and 8x Supersampling here (you can really notice the improvement in some places, like the fins on the Moloch for example, or the shimmering being removed from pretty much all edges).

It still needs to be processed, but it'll be up there eventually (I uploaded the 5gig stream raw copy).

Final Current Version

Offline Qent

One thing that's just started bugging me is "Fire at will, pilots!" when the only fighters visible are Shivan.

Offline Kolgena

32xAA? Either Youtube completely trashed the quality by introducing heavy blocking artifacts, or the AA isn't being applied properly. The jagggggiiiieeeeess.

(Might also be the type of AA you're using. Is it edge detect? Frankly, I've never heard of 32x MSAA. Also, I'd be really sad if you gave up on post-processing. I think there was too much in the previous vids, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't use it. Light usage of bloom and filters can really do quite a bit, especially when it's in the region where you can't tell it's there unless it's being pointed out.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:55:23 pm by Kolgena »

Offline Jeryko

Pardon, if I missed it : BlackDove, what custom flags are you using?
JBX-Phoenix

Offline Eolis

I resolve my strange sound issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1fJJZa_jc

You need to fix the final screen for the 1080p since all icon get cut.

The 1080 there looked nice... but I felt that the gamma was a bit too low in this version. While it made the Shivan ships look fricken scary it also reduced the terran fighters in several shots to their engine glows.

I feel the same about the gamma, i still search the best setting. I will also try to adapt the last screen for the 1080p.

Weird thing happened; stuttering stopped. I must have needed a reboot or something.

Anyway, Eolis has a good version of it with bloom, so I won't be bothering with that, as I think it kills the scene by quite a bit (since you just can't see most of what's going on). I would of course have done it if he hadn't, since it's not my place to decide, but there's no reason why we can't have two versions. Everyone can decide what looks best for themselves. Also, some of the action that my run caught was great, especially the Deimos beaming the Lucy at the end and leaving the trail.

I ran full 32x AA and 8x Supersampling here (you can really notice the improvement in some places, like the fins on the Moloch for example, or the shimmering being removed from pretty much all edges).

It still needs to be processed, but it'll be up there eventually (I uploaded the 5gig stream raw copy).

Final Current Version

I think the nebula realy need more bloom. But i'm agree that the rest don't realy need. But for AA 32x i don't saw any improvement, and in fact, the most aliased part of the scene (the Herc II thruster ) still aliased even with 32x.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:38:44 pm by Eolis »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Post processing and anti-aliasing do not work together. If you enable post processing, whatever settings you try to use in launcher or video card drivers control panel aren't applied. To use anti-aliasing, you must disable post processing in the launcher. Note that anti-aliasing settings in the launcher actually do nothing even if you don't have post processing enabled, they're broken.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I heard a stray anti-fighter beam near the end.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Note that anti-aliasing settings in the launcher actually do nothing even if you don't have post processing enabled, they're broken.

I never knew that.  So, in order to activate anti-aliasing I have to do it in my NVIDIA control panel?

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Just looked at the processed youtube video. Youtube does castrate the vid by quite a bit (in several different ways). I need to see if I can find a way around that.

You're right, the AA should be better (it is actually... but... I'll try to handle it).

I'll try working on it a bit more later today.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I never knew that.  So, in order to activate anti-aliasing I have to do it in my NVIDIA control panel?
Yes and those work only if you do not use post processing in FSO.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Depends on the type of AA and how it's done.
I set mine to 16Q and as "Enhance the Applications Settings" and it works out just nicely.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Unfortunately, even though there are absolutely no jaggies on the source file, once it goes to youtube and gets processed there, jaggies appear.

This was the best I could do.

Attached are a few images to show what it looks like in the source video.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken