Author Topic: Hidden Terror Trailer Released  (Read 8950 times)

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Hidden Terror Trailer Released
High Res HT Trailer - 1024x480 - 34.7mb
Low Res HT Trailer - 512x240 - 13.7mb

This 2 minute trailer should be able to run without any extra codecs, if anyone has any trouble with it please post so I can fix it up.

I am aware of most of the problems so far, such as the shivan comm pic not displaying, right now its still showing terrans, working on that. Engine glows are being worked on too, if Darkage gets off his lazy ass :p

Another thing is it might come out before 2004, depends. :p We could use another Fredder or two, and a story designer to help spice up the campaign.

Comments, questions?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 12:07:14 pm by 116 »

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
Wow very nice dude ! :yes: :D ;7
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
OOh! Exciting!! Me can't wait!!!
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Looks really good DragonClaw, great stuff!

Can't wait for the campaign!

Flipside :)

Offline DragonClaw

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Only 3 replies though? :o I thought everyone here liked high post counts, so POST!! :mad:

Anyway, whats it take to get on the news page WITHOUT having to PM an admin, are they that lazy? :doubt:

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Really nice man. The render sequences are uber sweet, top notch quality. Some suggestions on possible improvements are:\

- The ships seem to "fade in" to a scene. For example, when you have the 2 ships with the planet in the background, at the beggning of that scene the ships almost look like they're de-cloaking. They go from invisible (or less visible, its too fast to tell) to visible. Maybe this is intentional or maybe it s a bug. This also happen when you get the fly-by of the Rakshasa.  Check at 00:12 and 00:22 to see what I mean.

- This is just a personal preference, but I'de like to see the backgrounds made red-er. I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but think of it this way: Instead of having the black background (space) with the red nebula, you should have a red nebula on a slightly reddish background. I think its gives the scene more ambience. Check EVE Online screenshots to see the desired effect.

- The scenes are a bit sparse as-is. The first scene is the exception, and it really stands out. It may be a work issue or a design issue, but more ships would look better, to give that "fleet" effect. Again, personal preference.

You shouldn't interpret this as me knocking the trailer. I think that its very nicely done, including some great music. These are just my suggestion on how to improve an already good thing...All in all, :yes: :yes:

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Very nice indeed! :yes:

Wasn't that music in the LOTR: Two Towers trailer? I just simply love it.

Offline DragonClaw

Yeah the fade-in effect was intentional, I did it using the dissolve fuction in Lightwave... my brother spanked me for that too so next time I do something I suppose I should lay off the cheesy effects :p

Thanks for all the suggestions, thats the kind of posts I like :)  And by the way, the music could have been in the Two Towers trailer, but I leeched it off of the fake Hobbit trailer that one guy made, sounded nice :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've been trying to figure out what that tune is since I saw that trailer. Any chance of getting it as an mp3?

As for the demo itself it looks pretty good. I'm definately looking forwards to seeing this campaign :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline DragonClaw

Yeah I'll upload the mp3 after I get back from school. I just recorded the mp3 from the Hobbit trailer so I don't know the name of it or anything. Doubt anyone here does, maybe he made it just for the trailer :doubt:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
music fits well to trailers theme
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
Nifty! :)

I think you start the fades earlier, so that it completes a frame, or so, before the ani completes.
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The funny thing is I wanted that tune so I could make a trailer for TMA/SoR with it.

He who hesitates is lost, I guess :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by DragonClaw
...I did it using the dissolve fuction in Lightwave...  

Yes! I just somehow new you were using LW. The lightning, the nebula, the stars, all are more or less same looking as in my feeble attempts to render (yours are far better:yes: ).

If you need an tutorial on making the cloak effect, try this: http://www.vionline.com/newtek/0106/cloak.html. It's for an older version of LW, but should be easy enough to use.

Offline DragonClaw

Yeah i've seen that before, though I tend to figure things out by myself and not with tutorials. But yeah, anyway.....

Could use more fredders (hint hint) :p

And here's the theme I used, so... have at it.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Nice trailer:D
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Ok, one tiny little thing I have noticed. At around the 14 second mark, theres a huge Beam shot at a Shivan Capship, which just makes the CapShip dissapear. The effect of the Beam is great (hardly surprising with Lightwave) but it looks a bit strange just to have the ship vanish?
Same as Rictor, I think the movie is great work, and I wouldn't have a clue how to get debris or explosions working in Lightwave, I'm better at Modeller than Layout, and I'm not running down the obvious hard work that has been put into it :)

Anyway, that said, great work, made me want to play the campaign, which is, after all, the point of the demo movie ;)

Flipsde :)

Offline DragonClaw

Yeah my justification for the dissapear thing is the fact that the beam is so frickin strong that it completely dissolved the ship :p  Yeah, real strong :D

Ok, I keep rest 'hidden' from you :p :lol:

Anyway, I did re-release the demo(mission) but it really bites, Darkage is going to remake it when he has time. I'm too lazy atm to give you a link so just search for it if you want to download :p

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That's actually quite workable, anyone who has seen a house hit by a Tsunami (The wave, not the bomb, though the effect is possibly similar) would just see a wall of water followed by nothing, no debris or anything.

Flipside :)

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Looking good DC.  I might just have to check this one out ;)
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!