Author Topic: Battle of Deneb 2335  (Read 4217 times)

Offline jc4jc

• Tap tap tapping
    • http://www.geocities.com/jc84jc00
If anyone here has seen the intro to FS2 and has played the Orignal FS then they know about the Battle of Deneb (2335)  Back on Volition's Freespace Watch there was a screen shot of a custom mission that recreated that scene. I asked IceFire about it and he said that it had been some time since he had seen it. Well, I started on recreating it about a year ago annocning it on VWBB, with little input on the mission and a large amount of bashing on the movie scene. Well, now I would like to ask what everyone wants in it, or better yeat if anyone has a copy of the old one that I could update. I know that this is the 'Freespace Campaigns' section but I don't see a 'Freespace Missions' section so their you go.
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth's Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Sounds interesting. Might be a bit tricky to do though, as the T-V Alliance lost, and it looked very BoE-ish from the movie.

Perhaps you could try doing something focussed on the edge of the battle, or on one particular part of it. Maybe crippling a Demon to stop it pursuing a friendly destroyer trying to outmaneuvre the Lucy, or covering the retreat as the GTD Legion - the Orion that gets gutted in the movie - goes down. Or defending transports evacuating the planet from Shivan bombers as the battle takes place in the distance.

Whatever you do, you'll have to find Nico/Venom's GTD Legion model to use, or make your own Orion mod with that hole in the hull as a destroyable subsystem so that the Lucifer can run it through...

Good luck :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Actually, why not recreate it from a bomber's perspective? Especially one from the scene, where one of the three gets pasted.

Would be truly an awesome sight if hte first thing you see in a mission is dozens of fighters swarming past you and just pasting that annoying alpha 2 guy :D
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Occasionally I toy around with making this mission for the FSPort - perhaps as a demo mission for Silent Threat: Reborn.  It would probably push back the release date yet further, though.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
That cutscene also showed Ursa's, which should have still been in development during that time.

It would probably push back the release date yet further, though.

:eek: Nnnnnooooooo!!!!!!!!!
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Goober5000
Occasionally I toy around with making this mission for the FSPort - perhaps as a demo mission for Silent Threat: Reborn.  It would probably push back the release date yet further, though.

Just let JC4JC work on his version and if it's good enough include it :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Where would you find Nico/Venom's GTD Legion model?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I dunno...but I recall someone, maybe Trashman, showing off a holed Orion recently...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
I got it. I recently asked for it in another thread in the FS Modding section I think.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Here we go, look for the attachment in the third or fourth post:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,28423.0.html

Offline jc4jc

• Tap tap tapping
Well I have been trying to get the Nameplates to work but I can't find any usfle information on where the nameplate is suppost to go because it keeps on saying it cant find it. I've searched the forum dozens of times and still no luck. Does anyone know which folder the nameplates go under.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth's Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
data/maps

Offline jc4jc

• Tap tap tapping
That is the place where the nameplate textures are and it saids it can't find it. Of the threads I have read conserning this non make any sense to me as to how I fix it.

JC4JC

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It will say that FRED can't find it.

Ignore FRED. It lies. It lies horribly. Because it does this to me too, but the missions work fine and the nameplates show.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
There's a holed orion in the OTT model pack. Although it's textures reflects an orion that has been sitting derelict for decades (rusted paint, no weapons, no subsystems). So i guess you could make a another misison where command wants to tow it in and scrap it, or build a new orion using it. Or it could be a base of some rebels and you've been sent in to destroy it  (but i highly doubt that because all systems would be down and it would be falling to bits).

Offline jc4jc

• Tap tap tapping
The nameplates crashed FS2_open_3_6 I removed the nameplates and it worked ok What Am I doing wrong.

JC4JC

Offline jc4jc

• Tap tap tapping
Well I believe that I am ready to get extra work done on this mission. I have a great deal of stuff I plan to contend with. This mission is going to hold some simularties to the Introduction the Eva and Lucifer will enter and leave the area after doing some major damage. The Freespace port and a Legion model will be required. I'll link those later. Their will be a large number of fighters, bombers and Cruisers fighting HARD. The Ursas and madusas will be prototypes sinse they were introduced shortly after the battle at deneb. any other input would be great.

JC4JC

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i always thought the Orion in the intro was the GTD Galatea. After all, the GTD Galatea was destroyed in Deneb, IIRC.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
It was destroyed at Vasuda, wasn't it?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh wait a sec... you're right. the GTD Galatea was stationed at Vasuda jump node to stall the shivan advance so the vasudans could get some time to evacuate... still, i thought it was the galatea. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta