Author Topic: RELEASE - GTD Damocles by Aldo  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
RELEASE - GTD Damocles by Aldo

Conceived in the early 2360s, the Damocles class was intended as a ship of exploration, filling a niche that had been largely vacant since the Great War. With internal storage capable of sustaining operations for a year without resupply, and onboard repair and maintenance facilities for its three squadrons of fighters, the Damocles boasted an unprecedented level of self sufficiency, and was rapidly greenlit by the Security Council.

The first vessel, the GTD Damocles itself, was launched in the last weeks of the NTF Rebellion, but it was not commissioned until several months later, and saw no action during either the Rebellion or the Second Shivan Incursion. With the renewed Shivan threat, and the resulting decrease in enthusiasm for exploration, the Damocles has been attached to the fifth fleet. Construction has been suspended on a second Damocles class vessel, the GTD Charlatan, pending an operational review.

So, I've been working on this for a couple of days, but meaning to get around to it for a couple of years. Yay procrastination I guess. So, obviously, it's Aldo's Damocles class destroyer, from Lost Souls. I take no credit for this thing. I made some tiny tweaks and converted it, that's all - the real work was all done by Aldo. That said, I do think it's gorgeous, but I don't actually have any use for it at the moment. Hopefully someone else does - at the very least, it wont just be languishing 95% done any more, which counts for a lot.

A slightly clearer view.

[ [ [ DOWNLOAD ] ] ] - Temporary Mediafire

Grab it, play with it, see what you think. Any errors are probably mine, let me know and I might fix them. Or, maybe not. Who knows? I'm pretty lazy.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Re: RELEASE - GTD Damocles by Aldo
smooth conversion, always great with more ships c:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh cool, you converted it.
I got it along with the HTL Nightmares but figured that 1) it's ugly and 2) it's terran destroyer #120981029019 and didn't bother with it because I had no use for it and figured that someone else would get to it eventually. :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's cool :yes:. I've started converting original version, but your redesign is much better. Good work/
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

R

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I do like the utilitarian look of this thing. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh dear this model will do some nasty **** to you (I think). It seems to cause the infamous Rendering Engine Bug of Doom. Right now I'm trapped in a black inky void, unable to warp out or press esc, as the music skips and stutters with static.  :shaking: Shortly before this I lost the ability to damage the Damocles with anything but splash damage from missiles and nearby fighters started winking out of existence and moving to distance -1.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Also it's possible I'm a moron and something else entirely caused this, idk.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Bah. I'd been unable to reproduce Battuta's bug until now, so I assumed it was on his end, but I just hit it, suggesting it's a model issue of some sort. No clue whatsoever how to even start looking for a solution for this though - no idea what even causes it.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We've fixed it before! A lot of BP models had it at one point or another. Uh, damn, Blowfish was really good at this and always knew exactly what to do...check radius in PCS2? Purge...something? Is there something you can purge in PCS2? I vaguely remember some kind of purging.

Darius repro'd the error back when I reported it, it definitely wasn't on my end. 100% reproable across a couple different installs.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Purging the BSP cache didn't seem to help, and all the submodel radii check out to more or less sensible sizes. Maybe Blowfish will be able to offer something specific - I'll chase him down next time I see him online.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Niiiiiiiiiice.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png