Author Topic: Subspace Node Farcaster  (Read 2573 times)

Subspace Node Farcaster
I've put together a farcaster using the subspace node. Does anybody happen to know how to make the model have no collision? Right now if you don't fly straight in and bump into the green bits you take damage. Is this something I can fix with the model or would it have to be coded in the game?

Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Subspace Node Farcaster
I don't know the answer, but this looks awesome. I see you've gotten the Carthage in game.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I don't know the answer, but this looks awesome. I see you've gotten the Carthage in game.

What an informative post, Dragon...

Do we know how the ILS is handled? All of the approach gates are raster files on a quad with no collision detection applied. They also don't cast shadows. That said, the engine definately has provision massless polygons, so this should be workable.

...That being said, I'm not sure how helpful I've been, either.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think all that would be needed here is q little entry in the def file. Should not be that hard to code.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I think all that would be needed here is q little entry in the def file. Should not be that hard to code.

That sounds great. :)
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.