Author Topic: Warships of the TEI (GTD Titan WIP)  (Read 116950 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: [Release]Vengeance-pattern GTCv Diomedes
if you did that i would marry you

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
He told me he might do the rest of the StratComm fleet. I hope he brings back the original stripe pattern on those ships though, the glowy light texture that replaces the stripes in the BP reskins has always looked off to me from the moment I played BP for the first time (I was at the time already very familiar with the original appearance of those ships).
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
(I was at the time already very familiar with the original appearance of those ships).

Might have something to do with it

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I definitely could get used to seeing something like this.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Aesaar

I intend to do the Chimera, Bellerophon, Hyperion, Titan, and Raynor.  Probably in that order.  The Titan's not going to be easy, so it *might* switch places with the Raynor (which in turn might switch places with the Hyperion).  The textures will look similar to the Diomedes, including the stripes.  I'm not fond of the glowy lights either. 

In fact, the Chimera's coming along nicely.  Overhauled the engine section.  Don't like the current model's curvy look in that area.

I like AO renders.  Lets me see where I need to add detail.

Unlike the Dio, this will be a drop-in model.  No table changes whatsoever.

Definitely seeing the "wings" and conning tower as significant aspects of TEI ships, kinda like centrifuges for Fed ships.

A question for the Bellerophon when I get to it: Would it be better if the BBlue actually looked different from the two MBlues (as in bigger)?  Because right now, all three of its beam cannons look identical.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:30:23 pm by Aesaar »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The radius of the turret cannot change but please feel free to make any other aesthetic difference. Think of it as being more powerful as in 'longer' rather than 'wider'.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Ohshi-

Depending on the rate you release those, I might delay HWBP's planned progress to implement em. Not that I was doing much progress lately to begin with...
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I like the homeworldian flaps on the engine block and the ribs on the wings. But the conning tower could use some more geometry details to give it a sense of scale (same applies for the Diomedes, which looks badass otherwise)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Okay, I downloaded the Dio...  Really Impressive work!! however I do feel that the theme is very similar to the UEF (the blues stripes reinforce this)... however, really good model!  :yes: :nod:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i thought stratcomm's ships are already the best looking ones we have in FSO.  why do we need to redo them?  i know nothing about modding though, are they missing some of the high-tech fancy stuff other models have? 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
i thought stratcomm's ships are already the best looking ones we have in FSO.  why do we need to redo them?  i know nothing about modding though, are they missing some of the high-tech fancy stuff other models have?

They aren't really up to the standard of the new UEF models.

Offline Aesaar

The designs themselves are excellent.  The issue is that the models are a little low on detail when compared to BP's more contemporary models like the Karuna and Solaris.  And most of all, they're tilemapped, which just doesn't look good.

Cybertrance: Everyone knows this war is light gray, white and teal versus dark gray, black and blue :p.  But actually, I put in stripes because I don't like the glowing blue lights on current ships, but still consider blue a GTVA color.  And there were blue stripes on the original (non-WiH) Chimera and Bellerophon.  And I love Homeworld, which has lots of stripes on ships.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:15:20 pm by Aesaar »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Tilerape isn't tolerated around here. Everything that can help reducing the tilerape rate is good to take. It's basically that simple, more or less.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Qent

I like tiles. Sure, one could do better, but I don't think it looks that bad.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Exactly. Tiling is a good way to save time, and it looks acceptable if done well.
Thankfully, those models won't hold the release back, so time isn't a concern with them.

Offline Kolgena

I like AO renders.  Lets me see where I need to add detail.

Should try to bake it into the final diffuse map too ;) IMO, the diomedes on first page could use a bake like that.

Offline Aesaar

It has one.

Offline Kolgena

Oops, sorry. looked like it might not have had one in the first shot. I guess the shadows threw me off.

Offline sky-

Can someone test if this ship works in the very first mission of WiH? My Game crashes instantly after i start Mission 1 with the new Diomedes.  After deleting the new files everything works fine egain, so it has to be related to the Diomedes.

Offline Aesaar

This is my first attempt at making a direct replacement for an existing ship, so I actually have no idea why the diomedes-shp.tbm has issues (I'm sure someone more experienced could tell me what I screwed up).  The simplest fix is to extract the bp2-shp.tbm and paste the new tables over the Diomedes entry in there.  That's the way I have it set up, and I understand it fixed issues for others.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:24:44 am by Aesaar »