Author Topic: Colour coding suggestions for weapons in future MVPs.  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Colour coding suggestions for weapons in future MVPs.
Hi everyone, just a few suggestions for future MVPs. They are all to do with making the various weapons more easily distinguishable from one another by eye. Not only will this make gameplay less confusing in general – especially in big BoE type engagements – but it will also be a useful accessibility feature for the hard of hearing, since they might not be able to hear the differences in sounds the weapons make. 

1: Different colour trails for the different classes of bomb warhead (so you can more easily distinguish between them and prioritise the biggest threat)

2: Change the colour of the Treb’s missile trail to make it easier to distinguish it from Harpoons.

3: Vasudan AAA beams to be a different colour to Terran AAA.

4: The different classes of beam weapons of all factions to have variations in colours  - similar to how the SGreen (or is it LTerSlash?) is a slightly different paler shade of green to the TerSlash, etc. Vasudans could have different shades of yellow, Shivans having different shades of red etc etc. (If the Shivans beams all look the same deliberately to confuse the player then this could be an optional feature.)

Any thoughts?

Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Colour coding suggestions for weapons in future MVPs.
Hi everyone, just a few suggestions for future MVPs. They are all to do with making the various weapons more easily distinguishable from one another by eye. Not only will this make gameplay less confusing in general – especially in big BoE type engagements – but it will also be a useful accessibility feature for the hard of hearing, since they might not be able to hear the differences in sounds the weapons make. 

1: Different colour trails for the different classes of bomb warhead (so you can more easily distinguish between them and prioritise the biggest threat)

Don't forgrt the options for particle effects! - Colour as sole identification parameter creates a different kind of trouble regarding different kinds of vision (e.g. the requirement to distinguish certain colours), which can be avoided by using different shapes and pstterns of particles
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: Colour coding suggestions for weapons in future MVPs.
Even better, although it would require more work for whoever ends up doing it. I would do it myself but that would require my old brain to learn waaaay too many new skills 😂😜
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]