Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 AA  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Guys I was trying to find a way to force AA in ME3 on my 1440*900 rez display. I doesn't work. but if I reduce the resolution by a little AA works perfectly. I found a fix for 1680*1050 rez displays but sadly, the tweak doesn't work on my resolution...Anyway to force AA on my resolution?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=359712
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
You could try forcing it on the driver level.  I know nvidia has the capability to force an accelerated program to perform AA.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline newman

You'd probably get better results trying Bioware support.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
ME3 has very good FXAA.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Get Nvidia Inspector, remove ME3's executable from its own profile, add it to ME2's profile, add 4x multisampling and 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (under supersampling transparency AA).  This works MUCH better than its built in crap FXAA.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I forgot to add to the OP that I am running an AMD HD 5770 1Gb. OC'ed to 960/1380 (core/mem), so I cant use NVidia Inspector... :(

If you try forcing AA on ME3 (CCC, RadeonPro, other software here) on ANY setting, it has no effect (framerate or visual quality) whatsoever on a 1680*1050 resolution setting. (only the FXAA option works), UNLESS you use the tweak mentioned in the link in the OP or you lower your resolution.

Now as far as I've searched, I only found the tweak for a 1680*1050 resolution. But I believe that even running the game on a 1440*900 rez causes the bug above (strange, isn't it) because if I lower the resolution to 1360*1024 (one step lower) AA kicks in... I was wondering if the HEX tweak would work for me.

ME3 has very good FXAA.

Very good "FXAA" - Yes :nod:
Very good "AA"   -  HELL NO.... *nuff said* :mad:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun