Author Topic: The DX Merge  (Read 1830 times)

Ok I now have some semblance of my broadband connection back (damn you ADSL!) and I want to take a look at getting the DX/main thread merge under way. Due to my lack of decent experience with CVS though, I could use some walk throughs of the basics of going about this.

Offline RandomTiger

Dont forget that Im still lurking about, while I dont have cable allowing me to take a direct part in this Im still probably a useful resource if you run into problems.

But my question is, what about the remaining bugs?
No-one is going to thank us for giving them DX8 if it means bugs weren't there in DX5.

The way I see it I'll do a merge on my local machine and then start bug fixing from there. From what I can tell though, our bugs aren't too severe (could I have the list again though?) and its high time we rolled this into the main line (as everyone has been clamoring for us to do). It does have the advantage that we'll get a whole lot of new testers for us as well, since everyone will be working from a common build. And then we can start figuring out some optimizations.

Offline Inquisitor

I have some instructions for trying to merge, it's a little complicated, catch me on ICQ and I can walk you thru some of it (I posted them on one of these DX merge threads, I will need to search for that thread to find them).

Oh, and welcome back :)
No signature.