Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576582 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
And I have run into the Minecrafter's dilemma.  Tonnes of cobble and no idea what to build.

I was thinking of building either:

A.) A giant mob grinder to use when enemy mobs return.

B.) A giant structure shaped like one of those dropper things they used to clean your ears as a baby.

C.) A large prison complex.

If you would like to help, it could be fun. If you have any interesting ideas, please say them.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
And I have run into the Minecrafter's dilemma.  Tonnes of cobble and no idea what to build.
Gimme it. :nervous:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...

A monument to all our sins.

(read: a giant penis!)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
http://50.22.36.159:8126/#
interactive map/chat/realtime player finder, pretty damn awesome :D
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
That's really groovey!

Offline Shade

Love the realtime map. But it needs chat history badly :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Hmm, not sure about how to do that, but I can increase the legnth of time chat stays up, it's on 5 seconds at the moment IIRC
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Well, I finally started carving out a little piece of home on the server.

It's a tiny, unassuming hovel, but like Heward's Handy Haversack, it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside!

Stepping outside, you don't have to walk too far to find some natural, scenic vistas.

As a matter of chance, I seem to have made my hovel a halfway point between civilization and the dwelling of another (possibly paranoid) recluse.  If I've inadvertantly pointed the way to your hidden retreat, then I do apologize.  I had no idea it was out there, until well after I'd finished the walls and floor of Heward's Handy Hovel.

I'm personally thinking of tunnelling into the bay south of my hovel and going the underwater dome route for a more permanent dwelling.  I'll have to find a far-off desert and dig the whole thing up to make the glass, but the work makes the payoff that much greater in the end.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Loads of sand near my place, I'll invite you over when I log on for easy access.

Offline Shade

I think the server's in trouble again. Please fix!
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Fix'd

Operation "Underwater Tunnel" is underway.  Operation "Die Horribly by Filling Both Lungs With Water" is standing by to execute.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Well, I finally started carving out a little piece of home on the server.

[snip]

As a matter of chance, I seem to have made my hovel a halfway point between civilization and the dwelling of another (possibly paranoid) recluse.  If I've inadvertantly pointed the way to your hidden retreat, then I do apologize.  I had no idea it was out there, until well after I'd finished the walls and floor of Heward's Handy Hovel.

I'm personally thinking of tunnelling into the bay south of my hovel and going the underwater dome route for a more permanent dwelling.  I'll have to find a far-off desert and dig the whole thing up to make the glass, but the work makes the payoff that much greater in the end.

I have a recluse fortress, but it's connected to the central city by a really long railway.  It probably defeats the purpose of a recluse homestead to give out coordinates, and I don't recognize any of the landforms you're showing off... so I'm pretty certain you're not jeopardizing my base.  It's jeopardized enough as it is.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Unfortunately you can see my place from space from all the terraforming I did (holy **** that stuff takes a long time, seriously).

Well, I got the tunnel from the hovel to the site of the first dome dug, and I had started to lay out the perimeter of said dome, when the server went down.

Incidentally, after two days on the server, there's been an outage each day.  Is this typical performance, or have I just arrived during a rough patch?

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
We're having a rough patch. Don't know what's causing it, I'll restart the server and when I get back from work, see what's up. it's most likely to be on brohster's end, but I'll see if there's any way to help.

I've still got about a third of the water to push out of the first dome, but it looks good on the overhead map.  I'm already planning on putting two more in the bay with the first and possibly plopping another in the lake by my Heward's Handy Hovel.  I've no idea what will be going into any of them yet, but the size, depth, and proximity of these bodies of water just begs for the one dome to be turned into a network of domes.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I think Bukkit may be unstable.  I'm on another server that also runs Bukkit and it's been having problems out the wazoo over the past few days.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I found some strange trenches off the coast near my castle... I've decided to build an underwater tower with views of one.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
I am currently putting construction of the spawn point temple on hold while I finish up the automated cactus farm.

A mob grinder is actually doable, although I will have to check the MC wiki for how to collect the drops without getting attacked/killed.  Digging out the large area will be a big project in and of itself, and we would have to put signs up to keep people from accidently digging into the mob farm and being attacked by 20+ skeletons.