Author Topic: HLP UFO2000 tournament?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
HLP UFO2000 tournament?
Since we've got so many fans of the X-COM franchise here I was wondering if anyone wanted to set up a tournament for ufo2000? Anyone interested? For those of you unfamilier with x-com spin-offs, ufo2000 is almost a direct copy of battlescape X-COM, where you replace the stupid AI with another person.

Ed: I figure if we can get at least 5 or 6 people we can just do a bunch of round-robin games. Personally I'd rather avoid sudden death elimination because the point would be more to play the game and have fun rather than have lg(n) rounds. I figure we'd have each contestant plays each other contestant once, and then the winning player would have the larges value for #kills - #deaths

ed2: In case the rest of my post was unclear, I'd be more than happy to facilitate such a tournament for all of us. I just wanted to know if there was interest in playing in it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:40:57 pm by Polpolion »

Re: HLP UFO2000 tournament?
I'd be interested, though my schedule is kind of unfriendly to planned multiplayer games of any sort. So I'll play if the tournament happens to fall sometime I'm available.
I remember playing this version a little bit a few years ago with my brother.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Just re-installed it so count me in :D
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Dekker and I played this a couple of years ago. I repeatedly set his squad on fire with incendiary grenades and shells, before gutting the ones still alive with a laser knife.....Fun times.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.