Author Topic: how do i make?  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Hi all,how do i make a beam in the weapons.tbl that split's itself into 5 other beams.Does anyone know how to make that?
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Do you mean splitting at the impact point, or splitting when firing?

That's 2 very different things.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Splitting when fireing
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Errm, i dont think thats possible because the Beams come under primary weapons - if it were a secondary weapon you can use the

$swarm: 5 (check that)

to do it - but beams dont work if you put them in the secondaries section of the tbl file.  You would have to use SEXP's (again!) and get it to do fire beam at five differnt targets.  However if you only want it to look like five beams and therefore only fire at one target, you could draw the texture youself.

[This message has been edited by Robin Varley (edited 01-31-2001).]

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Kudos to you if you can get a primary weapon to use $Swarm PROPERLY.  It's been a real thorn in my side.  The Swarm tag for primaries makes them only fire along the turret normal, so they don't aim at anything....

Otherwise, simply have a SEXP that fires the same beam turret at either multiple targets or (sneakier) different turrets on the far side of the hostile ship.    
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
hmm..i can do that or i can just put one of my older beams into my new mod like the starknight,decapitator and the nutron beam.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Starwing

Shrike, I got a swarm turret to fire properly, but only on a sentry gun. When I tried it on an Aeolus I ran into the same problems as you.
I I don't know exactly what the difference between these two is, but I think it has to do with the turret POV angle. Maybe it works on multipart turrets with a pov angle of 0.

------------------
Beyond Earth Campaign

The truth is out there...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it only seems to work properly on multi part turrets, and just make an event that fires the beam weapon and have it repete 5 time, it will fire five beams from the same turret.

------------------
Bobboau, bringing you products that work.............. in theory
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together