Author Topic: "It's just like one of my Japanese animes!"  (Read 2825 times)

"It's just like one of my Japanese animes!"
Playing JAD 2.2 makes me wish that Wings of Dawn had a bigger team. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to play as it is. But just about every aspect of 2.2 managed to be awesome both as a parody and homage to the giant robot genre, interpreted through a fight sim. And hey, Macross isn't the only series that can play with space fighters. The "filler" shopping level and the boss fights in particular were awesome.

I don't know, maybe this is a stealth trap for all the ANIMU fans out there. But I think there's a lot of potential for a JAD 2.2. style campaign played straight, with plenty of humor and other staples of the genre as well.

Basically, split the series. Keep JAD and its crazy 4th wall breaking, and ship Holley and crew off to a series reboot where they have wacky adventures each week, pining after the attention of Alpha 1 and keeping Dem Shivans DOWN.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:40:10 am by manwiththemachinegun »

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Re: "It's just like one of my Japanese animes!"
...what?

Offline Veers

Haha! Silly Cardassian

In seriousness though,

:yes:
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Axem

Thanks for the kind words. :) If you liked WoD and JAD2.2, I'd recommend looking at Dimensional Eclipse as well for getting your inner anime nerd on as well.

Thanks for the recommendation! I still love traditional Freespace and fan-made campaigns. The stories are usually rather serious though, and there's room for all kinds of stuff yet to be done.

...what?

おたくじゃないなwwwwwwww :p

Srs mode on:

I tend to agree. We need silliness (not necessarily anime silliness) in FS as well as the serious storytelling endeavors. That's why Wings of Dawn and JAD remain some of my favorites.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"