Author Topic: Can we integrate these mouse changes into Saga? Make it more like official WC?  (Read 3260 times)

Can we integrate these mouse changes into Saga? Make it more like official WC?
So I posted something on the FSO part of this forum, a topic about mouse support:

The topic is here:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65456

What I would *really* like is to not have to customize my WC Saga to be able to do that, and maybe to actually have this be the default enabled option would be... wow, really awesome.  Being able to, from the start, use the keyboard, joystick or mouse to move the ship well is really really intuitive, ya know?  I guess this mod would work just as well in saga as it would in normal FS Open, but... not having to do the mod in the first place would be great!  That is how the mouse worked in official WC games that use mouse, as near as I can tell!

I think the current mouse script is here:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php?title=Script_-_Scripted_Mouse

edit: ACK can't get them to work with the original game.. @!)($*!@!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:13:59 am by gavinfoxx »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Can we integrate these mouse changes into Saga? Make it more like official W
Yup, we'll give that one a try.

For testing purposes, you'll need a newer build. 3.6.9 supplied with the Prologue does not support scripting.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Can we integrate these mouse changes into Saga? Make it more like official W
If you do this, please please please make it optional. I find the standard FS2 mouse control to be superior to that script.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Re: Can we integrate these mouse changes into Saga? Make it more like official WC?
So... is a tweaked version of this script applied to any of the latest builds? Where can I test some flight / combat version of Saga with your all's tweaks this way?

Offline KeldorKatarn

Re: Can we integrate these mouse changes into Saga? Make it more like official WC?
We're working on other stuff at the moment and we most likely will not release much to the public before we get closer to our beta. But I promise you that I will look into this mouse input issue before we release and I'll make it a subject for beta testing.

So, I'm not in the beta -- did you manage to get this style mouse input as an option for the beta?

Offline KeldorKatarn

So, I'm not in the beta

You'll find out ^^