Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Test Builds

3-23-04 build

<< < (2/10) > >>

Lightspeed:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Shaka
I've play some early mission of Freespace 2 campagn and I did'nt see any bug... and it's seem run alot better than the 0316's release... I've some probs with debriefing voice... don't know if it's normal or not :doubt:

I want test nebula, but the link in "last version of anything" seem broken :wtf:
--- End quote ---

Check directly on my webbie (link in signature) ;)

Trivial Psychic:
I finally got the chance to use this and the 21 build, and found a problem.  Now, even back in the Retail days, I'd occasionally have a problem where a specific texture would go all wierd, usually a nebula background, nebula mesh (full nebula), engine effect, dammage particles, or even just a specific ship texture... usually tiled.  I'll mantis it as soon as I can get some good screencaps.  This bug is also more prevalent in SCP, probably because of the greater system strain.

Anyway, I've found out a few weeks ago, that whenever I get any wierd bug like this, all I have to do is pause the game, alt-tab to destop, and then return to the game and resume, and the specific texture problem will go away... although it may recurr later.  On both the 23 and 21 builds, when I go to return to the game after performing this corrective action, I get an error message telling me that the program created a problem with D3D8.dll and then CTD.  This doesn't happen with the 16_r build.

I'll mantis this one as soon as I get the chance.

Later!

ChronoReverse:
Didn't get to test test this one much but I'd like to note that the glows for beams are still way too big and that the nebula (the global mission swirling pcx nebula, not the BG ones) is still too bright.

Hmm, another quirk, alt-tabbing out has a higher chance of crashing FS2.
[edit] Hmmm, looks like it was resolved on Mantis. [/edit]

Also, the stuttering is still there, however it feels like it's less now for some reason.  Perhaps it's because I have -pcx32 off now.

It's still there when everything is turned off except htl.

chris_2xtreme:
in this build there is a moment when everything freezes for a couple of seconds when ships come or go into subspace thats the only bug i have encountered

also thanks my freespace 2 game now runs much faster than the previous builds i have used

Shaka:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by chris_2xtreme
in this build there is a moment when everything freezes for a couple of seconds when ships come or go into subspace thats the only bug i have encountered

also thanks my freespace 2 game now runs much faster than the previous builds i have used
--- End quote ---

Agree :D

But memory seem saturate fast and freeze occure... Suppose is the windows xp memory management (I've the same with Morrowind) ... There's is a way to fix that ? :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version