Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Test Builds

20040405 test build - Win32 build of Linux tree, OGL fixes, preloads

<< < (2/11) > >>

Bobboau:
my stuff is all currently in CVS, after I commited I started trying to get a better shield renderer

phreak:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by ViRGE
I'm not sure what to classify this as, but I think I found a bug in the game reguarding damage/destructability of a capital ship. Playing "Proving Grounds"(the mission where you test the delta-wing shaped ships), I was unable to destroy the Corvette Timat, as it became progressively harder to inflict a precentage point of damage on it, ending with me getting it down to 1%, and unable to do another precent after putting 2 banks of those dumb-fire missiles in it(the previous 1% taking almost the whole 2 banks). Unless I'm mistaken, this ship is supposed to be destructable(as a bonus target), so it would seem the game has a bug in it reguarding that.
--- End quote ---

in the original game, damage stopped being dealt once a big ship like covette or destroyer hit 10% hull.  then you need trebs or bombs to finish it off.  now it gets exponentially harder to kill big ships with small weapons once their health approaches zero.

taylor:
Turambar:  I was actually trying to be less confusing by doing all of this testing on one build rather than 2 or 3.  It's possible that I was unsuccessful ;)  It helps me this way since I would only have to fix things in one code tree and then intergrate them into a Windows only CVS later.  I'm alreay moving some of the smaller OpenGL fixes into a Windows only tree with the 32-bit changes coming last.  None of these changes are really new, it's just that everything is together for the first time in a build that is available for Windows rather than just Linux.

I had done a CVS update a couple of hours before making this build so everything that Bobboau had committed to CVS as of Monday afternoon is in this build.

Bobboau:  Did your full nebula brightness fixes make it into CVS with your update?  I think I saw at least one but it didn't have any affect with OpenGL for me and it still pretty much whites out.  Picture - that's pretty bad and not always that white but it should give you and idea of how unplayable neb2 missions are in OGL.  That screen shot was taken about 3 seconds after entering "A Game of TAG".

karajorma:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by taylor
Turambar:  I was actually trying to be less confusing by doing all of this testing on one build rather than 2 or 3.  It's possible that I was unsuccessful ;)  It helps me this way since I would only have to fix things in one code tree and then intergrate them into a Windows only CVS later.  I'm alreay moving some of the smaller OpenGL fixes into a Windows only tree with the 32-bit changes coming last.  None of these changes are really new, it's just that everything is together for the first time in a build that is available for Windows rather than just Linux.
--- End quote ---

I think he's complaining about the fact that you, Kazan and Bob all have builds out for testing at the moment rather than anything you've done in this particular build.

Putting Bobs stuff in this build is certainly a step in the right direction.

Setekh:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Turambar
even if env_mapping will only be in 3.6, dont you guys need to test it before then?

oh, and work on the whole collaboration thing, I'm swiftly becoming confused
--- End quote ---

Hey, welcome to HLP, Turambar. :)

:welcome:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version