Author Topic: Deleting faces question  (Read 833 times)

Offline Lynx

Deleting faces question
Hey, is it possible to have onesided polies in the FS engine? I'm eorking on a hangar model, which would be a submodel to the carrier, and I want to delete the outer walls of the hanger that would be hidden inside of the model and therefore not visible anyway. So, does the engine allow that?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yes.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
You can have one-sided polies, but test them more closely than anything else.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I routinely don't put backfaces on turrets, so the same general rule would apply here.  You might put a basic shape in behind the uber-detail, just so that if the player does wind up going through the detail he won't wind up inside the volume of the ship.  Otherwise, it's perfectly safe.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM