Author Topic: Release: Incursion and Return to SOL (SCP edition)  (Read 14947 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Release: Incursion and Return to SOL (SCP edition)
Look in Incursion_Return/data. Add a /missions subfolder, and put the fixed mission in there.
And would that override the VP File?

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Look in Incursion_Return/data. Add a /missions subfolder, and put the fixed mission in there.

Yep. Anything in the /data folder of a mod overrides its VPs; useful if you're making minor revisions to a VPed mod.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

Yep. Anything in the /data folder of a mod overrides its VPs; useful if you're making minor revisions to a VPed mod.
Yes indeed! Very, very clever and useful! :)

Thank you. I will put this to the test soon.

Offline Lorric

The Hatenkh made it out safely thanks to the instructions you gave to the confused crew of the Harpo, Macfie.

Thank you once again for your work. And you too for the help, Lepanto. :nod:

The campaign continues... :)

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Why is this not highlighted?
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Well Axem's newsletter is coming (look what day we are), so that's bound to be in.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Lorric

Well Axem's newsletter is coming (look what day we are), so that's bound to be in.
Buzz. Wrong. :p

Offline CT27

Unfortunately it doesn't look like this release made it into the newsletter.

Offline Lorric

Unfortunately it doesn't look like this release made it into the newsletter.
You just got ninja'd by Lorric. :p

9 seconds. :pimp:

EDIT: Still, we're the only two people who requested this campaign anyway, and we're here to show our appreciation to Macfie. :)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You know who to blame then.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Lorric

You know who to blame then.
Who?

Offline CT27

It's now been placed in the newsletter. :)

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
I'm having a problem with the campaign...

Spoiler:
In the mission "Saturn Assault" I am having the problem of when the Riga is destroyed, the debris collides with the Rhebis causing major damage. I either put this down to the Rhebis spawning too close to the debris or the GTVA destroyers jumping in too early. It is making the Rhebis almost impossible to keep alive as it becomes random as to whether the debris hits it or not.

P.S. Thanks niffiwan!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:42:59 am by Gee1337 »
I do not feel... I think!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Just quote my message to see how to do a spoiler box.

Spoiler:
Like this

As for the issue, sorry, I haven't played this campaign so I don't have any suggestions to avoid that issue.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CT27

Spoiler:
You get a communication from the GTSD Thor at the end of the mission saying "Sorry we couldn't save the Rhebis" even if the Rhebis survives.  So storyline wise I don't think the Rhebis is supposed to survive.  It's supposed to be destroyed by the enemy superdestroyer.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Thanks CT27!

I wondering if it might be worth the author editing the mission slightly, as there was one play through that I had where...

Spoiler:
I almost saved the Rhebis as it had not collided with the Riga debris and I had been able to perform surgical strikes on the super destroyer to stop it causing catastrophic damage. The only reason I had not saved it was because I had got lazy and stopped destroying the anti fighter beams which were enough to give it a killing blow. The edit I would suggest is maybe to have the Rhebis enter the mission on lower HP and maybe adding a note in the briefing that it is having problems with the reactor.

Please note that the above is just a suggestion and I think it would help iron out any confusion that others might have when they play the campaign... call it a little... polish... maybe!

Overall though, I have been enjoying the campaign and it has been good fun. Just need voices next hehe :p
I do not feel... I think!

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Thanks CT27!

I wondering if it might be worth the author editing the mission slightly, as there was one play through that I had where...

Please note that the above is just a suggestion and I think it would help iron out any confusion that others might have when they play the campaign... call it a little... polish... maybe!

Overall though, I have been enjoying the campaign and it has been good fun. Just need voices next hehe :p

If you come across the original Author maybe you can talk to him about doing that.  This is the FreeSpace Campaign Restoration project not the original author. 
To quote the rerelease thread, "Since the the upgrade was done by only one person, this is not a complete upgrade.  Everything was done to make sure the campaign could be played with the latest nightly and would be compatible with the media VPs.  The starfield.pof was added to all the missions but no further work was done on backgrounds.  A couple of the missions were rebalanced to keep them playable, but other than that the gameplay has been left the same.  Limited testing was done."

Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline SL1

I'm having a problem with Return to Sol. Whenever I try to launch its first mission, the game crashes, and I get this error:

Error: Subsystem Path ($path02) Parent (turret01) in model (griffinTer.pof) has less than 2 vertices/points!
File: modelread.cpp
Line: 2986

I haven't been able to find a solution for this. I'd appreciate some help.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
There is an error with one of the old models.  This download should work.  I'm not sure why that particular model error would crash a build, however.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline SL1

There is an error with one of the old models.  This download should work.  I'm not sure why that particular model error would crash a build, however.
Thanks. And sorry for not replying sooner.