Author Topic: Can't get rid of a Test-Campaign file  (Read 1048 times)

Can't get rid of a Test-Campaign file
Hello.
While working on my mod, I created a Test-Campaign to see if the campaign-persistent variables are working (as well as some other stuff that gets tranfered from M1 to M2). Everything is working and the tests are complete so I deleted the .fc2-file.

But the Campaign still appears in the Campaign room and is still playable, no matter what I do (restart, delete .bak files, delete backup-files...
If I search through my computer-files it cannot find "MMTest", as I called the Campaign...

Any Ideas?

Re: Can't get rid of a Test-Campaign file
Ok now there's even a second test campaign showing up in the campaign menu :confused: :confused: :confused:

In the mission folder, there is no camapign file anymore but I still can activate them in the campaign room... The mission even changes if I work on them in FRED... I'm completely confused here... No difference if I delete all pilots and start completely new. Even if I deactivated the mods and activate them again.

Does anyone have an idea? Do I maybe have to delete some temporary files or something?

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Did you try looking in %appdata%\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\{CAMPAIGNNAME}\data\missions?  If you save a campaign file from the FRED campaign editor, it saves it there.  To overwrite the old one, you must use save as.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Did you move the campaign file out of your FS2 folder or just the mission folder? I think FSO isn't that much depending on hierarchy as retail anymore. Also, did you check that there are no mod folders active where another campaign file might be hiding in?

Did you try looking in %appdata%\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\{CAMPAIGNNAME}\data\missions?  If you save a campaign file from the FRED campaign editor, it saves it there.  To overwrite the old one, you must use save as.

That's it! I knew it had to be somewhere, just didn't find the folder. Thanks!