Author Topic: Teaser  (Read 103495 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
'Twas post-production.  Ransom tweaked the depth-of-field and lighting.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The GTD Hades by itself would be major news, combined with the release of ST:R has me completely psyched.

Now all we need is Blackwater Operations.
Spoiler:
Except for the mission where you single-handedly take on the PVD Ptah.  We took that out. :nervous:
Spoiler:
Aww... how else am I gonna get my destroyer kills in FS1 :P

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Quote from: The Return to Ross 128 - FreeSpace Wiki
Despite it's imposing name, the mission does not reveal anything of vital importance -- in other words nothing -- about the mysterious events that took place at Ross 128.

Are you going to invent something about the Shivans' mysterious arrival, or just leave it alone?
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, even if it's still standalone, I'll make it lean on SCP when I copy the files over to my Mac. I did that for The Babylon Project, and it worked great. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
It's good to see the Polaris pylons being used for their original purpose: a Hades drydock :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
The low poly pylons look a bit odd juxtaposed with the uber high poly Hades... :P

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
mmm, question VA, did you have any problems getting it into pof?

for example, i cant really manage to convince pcs2 to convert a 120k poly's model. it just doesnt save...
This took a lot of work and hair-pulling to figure out actually, and I'm still not 100% clear on what was going on. The engine can seemingly accept models that have huge polycounts (I've gotten a 230k poly test model in-game), but the catch is that there is some kind of crash bug that is limiting the total number of polys that can be in any one subobject. I say bug because this number appears to change. A lot. On one model you might be able to fit in excess of 30k polygons into one subobject, but the next you might trigger it at about 18k.

I also think the bug is originating from PCS2 (and it affected PCS1 as well) rather than FSO, because according to Wanderers analysis of one such 'dead POF' the file terminated unexpectedly, which would pretty clearly be a death-sentance for it.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
it does originate from pcs 2. it either a) hangs when loading the model's smoothgroups or, when it actually loads the model, it hangs when saving to pof. either the bsp tree generator is bugged or something else is wonky.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Those are different errors to the one I was describing I think. What kind of polycounts per subobject did you have in that model?
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken