Author Topic: Trailer  (Read 81522 times)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Like for instance the GTD Orestes...But no ship exists with that name in the GTA's Database.
Orestes, heh.
Isn't that BP?

I needed a name thats not used in official FS canon ie in retail FS1, ST and FS2. AND i took the name from an EA ship class from the B5 universe; The Orestes Monitor...

Okay lets say the GTD *blank* is called the GTD Orestes in ST:R

When you encounter the Orestes in mission 3, it had the orders and codes showing that they have the authority to pick up the Einstein's escape pods. However, there is no ship registered with the GTA as the GTD Orestes. So the ship vanishes along with the survivers it picked up.

You know the old "prisoner transfer to a disappearing transport" conspiracy gimmick.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You know the old "prisoner transfer to a disappearing transport" conspiracy gimmick.
B5, Season 2, Episode 2, "Revelations"
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Yes just like that. Has that been actively included in ST:R? - That you are informed that according to official listings there is no ship called the GTD *Whatever*
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I expecially like the credits thing at the end and the Earth/fiery bird motif.
Same here, I'd really like a hi-res of that logo thing.

Thanks. A friend of Goober's (whose name escapes me at the moment) modeled it, and I animated it. It's the official GTI Insignia.

And, ah... how big did you want it, again? ;7
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

It's the official GTI Insignia.

Oh right. It reminds me of the insignia on the side of that Herc in FS2's intro cutscene.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
DING DING DING! We have a winner!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've split off the music discussion into its own separate thread.  Let's keep this one on topic. :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Oh...

So that's why there was a dead Hades there.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Okay lets say the GTD *blank* is called the GTD Orestes in ST:R
I see absolutely no reason for giving the much-loved GeeTeeDee a less catchy unofficial name.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
But to call it the GTD GeeTeeDee looks weird coming from a remake of a canon campaign, especially since Axem's used it in JAD2:EB already.

Perhaps it should be called GTD Sesquipedalian. :drevil:

...just kidding. How about a word with the three letters in it?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
So something going on in the FS2 intro cutscene relates to GTI? Presumably also explaining how a Hades ended up crashed there?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Go watch the FS2 intro again. Then come back.

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So the fighter was a GTI fighter? Nice.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'd like to have that squadron logo, I have always loved it...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Well it also explains why the Hades was on that planet, the battle between the Hades and GTA forces takes place in Deneb.

It is also interesting that that's where the Ancient information that enabled Bosch to turn on the Konossos was found.

We also see a science cruiser that could well be the Einstien in front of the construction platform the Hades is in.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It also supports the notion the Legion was at the Battle of Deneb if there were GTI fighters there.

It all makes sense.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Well the Legion was shown to have been destroyed by the Lucifer.

Maybe the Legion was GTI?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Things may make sense but I still want that squadron logo!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Maybe the Legion was GTI?
Err.

The Legion was the flagship of GTI R&D wasn't it? (according to some mythic interview)

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
I would like to point out that the destroyer in the FS2 intro cutscene was never officially named by Volition. Some player asked them if it could be called "Legion" and Volition basically said "Yeah, sure, why the hell not?"

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.