Author Topic: Trailer  (Read 81514 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Why would the GTA deploy a GTI destroyer to face a Shivan group led by the Lucifer?

No doubt a GTI destroyer is far more precious than a regular have. It carries special equipment, systems and weapons(all to be used in covert operations and such). I don't see the point in wasting such a warship in a "regular" battle.

...unless the GTI's tasks go well beyond that of a normal Intelligence.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Sometimes, sacrifices must be made to ensure the success of a larger operation (cue Ronald Weasly in Harry Potter and the Sorceror's/Philosopher's Stone).
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
...unless the GTI's tasks go well beyond that of a normal Intelligence.
Perhaps the rogue Terran intelligence branch had a hidden motive in deploying the Legion, but got too close or underestimated the Lucifer's offensive capabilities.

Why would the GTA deploy a GTI destroyer to face a Shivan group led by the Lucifer?

No doubt a GTI destroyer is far more precious than a regular have. It carries special equipment, systems and weapons(all to be used in covert operations and such). I don't see the point in wasting such a warship in a "regular" battle.

Um, because . . . we're talking about the complete extinction of the human race maybe?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Vasudan race, actually, in that particular battle.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki

No doubt a GTI destroyer is far more precious than a regular have. It carries special equipment, systems and weapons...

Including, perhaps, some that they wanted to try to breach the Lucifer's shields with?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Maybe this is when "the Lucifer attacked the Vasudan outpost in the Diones system, and the Vasudans three different missile prototypes, with no luck whatsoever." But of course that would've been a Vasudan destroyer not the Legion...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
wtf is that "quote" from?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Isn't that FS1?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
wtf is that "quote" from?
The FreeSpace Ref Bible (the canonicity of which debatable)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Debatable? How? It's the Word of :v:. If anything in there isn't contradicted by what we see in-game, I'd say it's canon.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Debatable? How? It's the Word of :v:. If anything in there isn't contradicted by what we see in-game, I'd say it's canon.
That's my view too, I only said it so Mars wouldn't take out the forks.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Galemp and i have the same view of the ref bible
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Galemp and i have the same view of the ref bible
Me too! :(

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I like the FSRefBible. Nice concept art they got there. :)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Maybe this is when "the Lucifer attacked the Vasudan outpost in the Diones system, and the Vasudans three different missile prototypes, with no luck whatsoever." But of course that would've been a Vasudan destroyer not the Legion...

And that the intro text during the FS2 intro identifies it as the Battle of Deneb.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:31:48 am by Rick James »

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Diones was never identified. It could be the Vasudan name for Deneb is what I'm getting at here.