Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 451540 times)

Offline MC_Kejml

• Drinks Kool-aid
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
Holy crap, I can't wait till the voice pack downloads. Thanks for the awesome Xmas present!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh my God...I'm not even halfway done with this, but oh my God...

Spoiler:
He Who Rides the Tiger was the greatest mission I have ever played, hands-down.  I'm still half-shaking from the adrenaline.  The transmissions were utterly spine-chilling, and then everything starts going to hell in a handbasket...and then ****ing Shivans start flying through space and latching onto my fighter...unbelievable.  Damn things killed me the first time, too. :D Now most people would be content with doing just that, but then you manage to up the ante even more by having a Demon jump right into the fray and start trying to capture the Ratna like crazy.  I was scrambling like hell all over the place, trying to figure out what to do; in the Amazon that docked to it was down to a paltry 4% hull when it managed to clear the fray and jump out.  Utterly, unbelievably incredible.

And I just know that you'll probably manage to top it before the end. :lol:

(I love what you did with Cloak & Dagger, too; that was easily my favorite mission from the original campaign.)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If you don't mind my asking, Goober, was using allcaps in this thread's title a reference to this?
Not at first, but I liked the coincidence, so now it is. :)

When I used the commandline Goober posted in the first post I get FreeSpace 2 briefing icons (Mentu, Serapis, etc.) instead of the FSPort ones. Is this supposed to happen?
The port does not currently include FS1 briefing icons, so yes.

I'm going to ask again :
Follow Lobo's instructions.  If those don't work, make sure you don't have any table or model files hanging around in any of your data directories.  And make sure you're using the up-to-date mediavps, not the old 3.6.8 ones.

Oh my God...I'm not even halfway done with this, but oh my God...

Spoiler:
He Who Rides the Tiger was the greatest mission I have ever played, hands-down.  I'm still half-shaking from the adrenaline.  The transmissions were utterly spine-chilling, and then everything starts going to hell in a handbasket...and then ****ing Shivans start flying through space and latching onto my fighter...unbelievable.  Damn things killed me the first time, too. :D Now most people would be content with doing just that, but then you manage to up the ante even more by having a Demon jump right into the fray and start trying to capture the Ratna like crazy.  I was scrambling like hell all over the place, trying to figure out what to do; in the Amazon that docked to it was down to a paltry 4% hull when it managed to clear the fray and jump out.  Utterly, unbelievably incredible.

And I just know that you'll probably manage to top it before the end. :lol:

(I love what you did with Cloak & Dagger, too; that was easily my favorite mission from the original campaign.)
Thanks, that was the reaction I was hoping for. :D

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
*snip*
I KNOW. I was freaking out man, more than I did while playing Transcend and Sync.

A very, very excellent job you guys did here. The voice pack was absolutely worth the wait.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I like the way you guys turned...

Spoiler:
Secrets Revealed into Secrets Reborn, with the Recommendations saying, "Yes, there's more! Keep playing."

:D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
After I finish this, I'm gonna go play ST again.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I just finished STR.
Win level off the scale.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline bal_ny

Sounds like your hard work paid off, Goob... congrats on a successful release!
 ;)
Betsy

Its an incredible high quality and atmospheric campaign so far. I'm have some issues however. In the mission where the PVD Hope is set up us the bomb the Medusas are supposed to be carrying a new type of warhead. However, it doesn't appear and they use hornets instead. I ignored it and when on... The mission was just abnormally easy. Next problem in in the mission right after the Jothunheims destruction and the first appearance of the Hades. Its says that its missing a ship class. I suppose its the Karnak. my -mod flag is -mod fsport-str,fsport,mediavps,fsport-mediavps.

Offline smurd

I did not have the problem with Bombers firing missiles instead of bombs. I used the mod line that was
recommended in the release post:

Code: [Select]
-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps

I had that line originally and it suffers from the same problems.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Do you have rogue files in your Freespace2\data\<maps, models, tables> folders perhaps? Stuff there could override anything else.

And if you're not using it, switch back to the command line smurd posted. The way you have it will override any HTL ships that have retail counterparts appearing in the port VP, which would be bad. ;)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
A couple of queries:

-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps is not the same has secondarylist=fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps;?

And what is the primarylist thingie?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline smurd

A couple of queries:

-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps is not the same has secondarylist=fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps;?

And what is the primarylist thingie?

No, it is not. The secondarylist entry will add the mods listed there after fsport-str, i.e.

-mod fsport-str,fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps
The windows launcher (and now also yal) combine the mod list from:

1. primarylist from mod.ini
2. selected mod from the launcher
3. secondarylist from mod.ini

That means for fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps you need:

[multimod]
primarylist = fsport-mediavps;
secondrylist = fsport,mediavps;

This should almost work (it does with yal). The windows launcher seems to have problems with a dash in
mod names, so maybe you need to remove them and rename the folders accordingly. This really should be
fixed in the launcher, but I don't know if it is even still actively maintained.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Very well done, I enjoyed the campaign immensely, and the voice acting was superb. He Who Rides the Tiger was excellent.
However...
Spoiler:
The final kill the Hades mission was kind of meh; it was much easier than many of the other missions, and it ended up being the same sort of "punch the quadriplegic" mission as it was in Silent Threat original. Still, it played relatively well, and most of the other missions were superb; so overall I'd give the campaign an 8 or 9 out of 10 :)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
finished! AWESOME CAMPAIGN! Felt exactly like original FS in terms of style.

Some missions were really outstanding.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Droid803

A few errors I just recalled.
- Sneak 1 in 'Blood of Innocents' was busy crashing into the walls of the tunnel rather than going for the reactor. Probably just AI phail.
- In 'Lost Hope', upon mission start, it said I scanned the Hades' engines already (but only happened once, could not reproduce the error)
- The GTD Legion hulk in 'Last Stand' still has its engine glows on. Looks kinda strange to have a holed Orion still have its engines online.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Its an incredible high quality and atmospheric campaign so far. I'm have some issues however. In the mission where the PVD Hope is set up us the bomb the Medusas are supposed to be carrying a new type of warhead. However, it doesn't appear and they use hornets instead. I ignored it and when on... The mission was just abnormally easy. Next problem in in the mission right after the Jothunheims destruction and the first appearance of the Hades. Its says that its missing a ship class. I suppose its the Karnak. my -mod flag is -mod fsport-str,fsport,mediavps,fsport-mediavps.
It sounds like you're trying to run ST:R on version 3.0.4 of the Port.  As mentioned in the first post, 3.1 is required.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
- The GTD Legion hulk in 'Last Stand' still has its engine glows on. Looks kinda strange to have a holed Orion still have its engines online.
Err, that should not be possible - the legion pof has no thruster glows defined, and so cannot at all show engine glows even if it wanted to.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Droid803

It has thrusters on mine...just checked :nervous:
Unless it was fixed between the '162' version and the current one.
(´・ω・`)