Author Topic: Co-op?  (Read 3149 times)

Offline eicca

I'd love to play He Who Rides the Tiger and Abandon Hope co-op style but only Hellfire is showing up in the list, and the weird thing is a whole bunch of Freespace 2 missions are in the list even though the FSPort and STR mods are active. Not sure where to go here.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I feel your pain. FSPort brought over all the old FS1 multiplayer missions, but not a lot has been done to clean up. There's a thread where we are discussing how to hide default FS2 multi missions but there's not really any code solution forthcoming.

Eventually I'd like to co-opify all the FS1 and ST:R missions and designate the FSPort multi missions somehow, but it's only now moving up my priority list.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
I feel your pain. FSPort brought over all the old FS1 multiplayer missions, but not a lot has been done to clean up. There's a thread where we are discussing how to hide default FS2 multi missions but there's not really any code solution forthcoming.

Eventually I'd like to co-opify all the FS1 and ST:R missions and designate the FSPort multi missions somehow, but it's only now moving up my priority list.
I was just curious, what makes it so hard to "co-opify" missions ? Why do you have to write specific missions for this ?

To me, it seems that having another player in the game is just another spawn.
There might be specific triggers (like Alpha 1 when scanning things), but these could be handled by Alpha 1 alone for example.

i have no experience at all in mission scripting, which is why I'm asking the question. I'm fairly sure I'm missing something here :P

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Of course it's not much more than a fun exercise in FREDing until we get a playable netcode.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras