Author Topic: RELEASE: Trimurti  (Read 57953 times)

I'm gonna be 'that guy' and ask: How do I translate this stuff? I'd love to do so on my own but I'm stumped.
Spoiler:
I've already given you the means.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Though if you're thinking with portals you're going to have to do some unpacking first. (Unless you make your life more difficult and do it from scratch like me.)
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Story question:

Spoiler:
In your mind, how long do the GTA and PVE hold out after the Lucy glasses Earth? A month maybe?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:04:08 am by rubixcube »
Stuff

Spoiler:
In your mind, how long do the GTA and PVE hold out after the Lucy glasses Earth? A month maybe?
Spoiler:
You'll have to wait 6 - 12 months to find out.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You'll have to wait 6 - 12 months to find out.

:(
Stuff

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I am curious, how did the Shivan dialogue and text are made? How am I going to translate them?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Here's my feedback about the campaign so far:

- Mission objectives are extremely vague and don't give a clear indication about what the player must do. In the first mission, for example,  instead of just saying "Abort Humans" I suggest changing to "Abort humans and prevent them from escaping".

-  Is there any way to translate the dialogue ? I would definitely love that.

- I think the Amelioration would be better if its firing rate was slightly increased.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened

- That's partly on purpose, as mentioned, were you aware of the recommendations? They'll explain your objectives more clearly.

- Already answered in the thread.

- It certainly would be! I take this to mean you thought it was underpowered due to its fire rate, which is very slow but that's mostly to compensate for its tremendous hull dps.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Actual commentary on the mod: Battuta talking about it got me to reinstall fso for the first time in years and start modding. Trying to figure out what to do can be frustrating and my flow is pretty fragile lately so I haven't passed mission 3 yet, but I hope to make myself push past that sometime soon. Wish there were a few more missions against unsheilded terrans and/or vasudans, that's was a fun powertrip

And now, at the general's request, the first mission+mod description decoded.
Spoiler:
MOD DESCRIPTION
nonetrulyunderstandtheshivanarmadasavethemselvesandtakingparti ntheeventsoffreespacefromtheirperspectivemaynotbeasenlightenin gasyouhopeneverthelessyoumightfeeldrawntopartakeintheirstrange aliennatureandtakepeekbeyondtheveil

experiencetwelvedifficultandrewardingmissionsusingshipsandweap onsyouveseenmanytimesbeforebutneverusedyourself

theeventsmaynotendlikeyouexpect

welcometothechain

MISSION 1
breifing
shivasynthesischainadapt

humanvasudandefecthegemonoutbreakprobableforcebinaryisolatione xtinctionoutcome

stage
cullcommencehumanstation

stage
webtendrilproximityhumanvacateprobable

stage
shivapreventhumanvacate

stage
humanvacatehumanchaincullcognitionprobable

Debreif
A
humanentiretyabortionconfirm

shivachainadaptationparametersacceptance

B
humanleaveshivapurposefailure

shivachainadaptationparametersrejection

C
shivaleavepurposeincomplete

shivachainadaptationparametersrejection

$Name: lucy go and stop em (1)
vacateescapehumanabortshipprevent

$Name: sure, lucy (2)
understoodhurricaneacknowledge

$Name: lucy, you fail (3)
humanvacateirrelevantfurtheractionunitehurricane

$Name: lucy you win (4)
humansabortsucceedentireshivaunitehurricane

How do you do that? How to translate back into Shivan text (e.g. "0|1|2|10|11|12|20|21|22|100|101|102|110|111|112|120|121|122|200|201|202|210|211|212|220|221|222")?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
It looks like Asteroth has already answered this as concretely as he wants.  You'll have to use your intelligence to figure out the specifics.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
It looks like Asteroth has already answered this as concretely as he wants.  You'll have to use your intelligence to figure out the specifics.
Then how to begin with?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well, you’ve got strings of digits consisting of 0, 1 and 2. If it were just 0 and 1 what would you do?

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
De-binarize them.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

De-binarize them.
If I'm correct, you kinda provided the awnser yourself in the earlier post. Task: can you find a pattern in that sequence of numbers you posted?

Offline Fusion

Well, this certainly explains what happened in the parallel universe you run into in Age of Aquarius. Not going to lie, a very interesting, if enigmatic mod. I suppose if there's one thing that's most confusing, it's that the communications from Shivan ships are completely different from what one would expect to hear having heard the Kalki in AoA.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Well, this certainly explains what happened in the parallel universe you run into in Age of Aquarius. Not going to lie, a very interesting, if enigmatic mod. I suppose if there's one thing that's most confusing, it's that the communications from Shivan ships are completely different from what one would expect to hear having heard the Kalki in AoA.

Well, in this campaign your hearing them untranslated as a shivan, kinda makes sense to me
Stuff

Offline Fusion

Well, in this campaign your hearing them untranslated as a shivan, kinda makes sense to me

I would have at least expected the classic Shivan Comm Node sound to be intermeshed with the untranslated Shivan. Again, very minor gripe - it was a very good campaign, one I certainly enjoyed.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Played the first couple of missions tonight. I have to say, I'm very impressed. There's some very creative ideas here. Excellent work!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

I would have at least expected the classic Shivan Comm Node sound to be intermeshed with the untranslated Shivan. Again, very minor gripe - it was a very good campaign, one I certainly enjoyed.
While I haven't played missions, I've included the shivan voice files (persona) from this mod into the demo of Shattered Stars.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
And what of trinary Shivan language? Will Shattered Stars feature full syntax translation?