Author Topic: MORTAL ENGINES: Peter Jackson and Bryan See: a match made in heaven?  (Read 18142 times)

Re: MORTAL ENGINES: Peter Jackson and Bryan See: a match made in heaven?
Well I don't know of course, but if they really do that the movie will probably become known for being extreme popular among German (and maybe Dutch) neonazis, what is not a good thing; alone marketing-wise. :wakka:

PANZERSTADT BAREUTH is unlikely to be popular among German neonazis

Spoiler:
Because she gets nuked by London when she tries to attack them. She loses the battle, very conclusively.

Spoiler:
Just another dirty trick from Perfidious Albion!

Panzerstadt Bareuth WTF? That seems like they don't plan to market this thing in Germany :lol:
This name made me curious.

It is very strange, because it seems to be a DUTCH city in the universe  :lol:

Well it was 4 cities bolted together, one of them might've been Dutch!

I, like everyone else, am disappoint with the scar; but in the end it's a lot more important that Hilmar and the director do the character justice. There's not enough in the trailer to really judge that, but Philip Reeve did seem pretty impressed.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:35:15 pm by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I, like everyone else, am disappoint with the scar; but in the end it's a lot more important that Hilmar and the director do the character justice. There's not enough in the trailer to really judge that, but Philip Reeve did seem pretty impressed.
But Hester's a fan favourite, if not a cult figure. But she proves to be indeed irresistible that she serves as an inspiration for cosplay, which is definitely not going to be discussed here in this thread (I am sure there are other places to discuss such).
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
I'd like to discuss about MEDUSA, the weapon's gonna featured in the film.

We know before the 60-Minute War the American Empire had developed several superweapons including the directed-energy weapon MEDUSA, the orbital particle cannon Orbital Defence INiative or ODIN and quantum energy beams that drew their power from parallel universes (FreeSpace/BSG included along with Shivans?, but I don't elaborate/discuss any further).

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

This is obviously a GIANT SPOILER but I asked a guy to draw the final scenes of A Darkling Plain and IMO he did an incredible job:

https://i.imgur.com/wHNwzbp.png
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
This is obviously a GIANT SPOILER but I asked a guy to draw the final scenes of A Darkling Plain and IMO he did an incredible job:

https://i.imgur.com/wHNwzbp.png
Sounds like it's a prelude to something's that similar to the ending of the LOTR trilogy, where Galadriel is the narrator of that series. In Mortal Engines Quartet, Shrike is the narrator I guess.

It should be noted that the easter eggs in the Museum of London as depicted in the film are, among them, Minions. Mortal Engines is a universal production, so why they didn't include DOOM, FreeSpace and Descent? FreeSpace was developed by Volition (the company that split from Descent developer Parallax Software), who goes on to develop the Red Faction series, which had a TV movie aired on Universal-owned SyFy in 2011.

By the way, Inferno Nostos is out and I plan to work on a mod that crosses over to this ME universe but it's discussed elsewhere, not on this thread.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

What does that mean? Amused?

By the way, from what I've heard, Philip Reeve speak of airship names (e.g. Jenny Haniver and The 13th Floor Elevator, both of which are going to appear in the film), which are unlike those in FreeSpace (because of the 32-character limit and those of Greek, Egypt and Hindu mythologies for Terran, Vasudan and Shivan ships):
Oh, and airship names I usually take as an excuse to insert a 'found' name - a line of poetry, the title of a song or book...

And these airships are going to appear in the film?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
TalentHouse Art Works has just hosted an art competition, run by Universal Pictures, with a winning prize of $2000.

To HLP'ers, you may participate, but follow the guidelines. As always, in addition to depicting the likeness of the characters of Mortal Engines and including Mortal Engines title treatment logo in their artwork, you can try to depict the likeness of the UGSF, GTVA, UEF, Shivans, Vasudans, Vishnans, UIMS, Cylons, and anything from FreeSpace and the mods, as long as you don't try to use third party pre-existing copyright and/or stock materials. And don't use photography, video or in-game screenshots. Use original artwork.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Or, if you are an artist who knows how much their work is worth, you can choose not to participate in an effort to crowdsource official artwork.

Also, Bryan, you're a ****ing moron. Using any of the stuff you mentioned means using stuff under pre-existing third party copyright, which you should bloody well know.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Using any of the stuff you mentioned means using stuff under pre-existing third party copyright, which you should bloody well know.
In other words, not eligible for that competition. I know very well. It states: "All submissions must be original artwork (meaning not using third party pre-existing copyright and/or stock materials)"

This is some kind of crossover artwork, which is not discussed in the thread here.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
By the way, Inferno Nostos is out and I plan to work on a mod that crosses over to this ME universe but it's discussed elsewhere, not on this thread.

The Inferno Team promotes the usage of our assets in third party modifications.  However you do not have permission to use any of Inferno’s assets in any future works created by you in perpetuity.

Also you need to take this course.  Or maybe one more appropriate for your mental age.

R

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Bryan, learn how the english language works. "You can try to depict <list of copyrighted stuff> as long as you don't use copyrighted stuff" is utterly incoherent. There is no level on which that statement makes sense.

You should know better than that. By which I mean, if you cannot understand the reason why the above statement of yours is complete bull****, you should not be posting here.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

The Inferno Team promotes the usage of our assets in third party modifications.  However you do not have permission to use any of Inferno’s assets in any future works created by you in perpetuity.

Also you need to take this course.  Or maybe one more appropriate for your mental age.

R
I consider, but where I can get permission to use any of Inferno’s assets in any future works? (I assume it applies to Blue Planet as well)
Bryan, learn how the english language works. "You can try to depict <list of copyrighted stuff> as long as you don't use copyrighted stuff" is utterly incoherent. There is no level on which that statement makes sense.

You should know better than that. By which I mean, if you cannot understand the reason why the above statement of yours is complete bull****, you should not be posting here.
Yeah. I do. But keep in mind I'm still trying to catch up, as I have many projects in my pipeline. I delayed because I had a lot of university work.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:03:08 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I have no issues believing Bryan is in university. He has displayed a level of intelligence that none of us can hope to match.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
You don't need to be a genius to be a graduate.   ;)

Wonder what subject he's studying and I bet he manages to make it a face palm.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I consider, but where I can get permission to use any of Inferno’s assets in any future works? (I assume it applies to Blue Planet as well)

You either do not understand English or you are truly an imbecile.  So here it is; you do not have permission to use any of Inferno’s assets now or in the future.  Do not ask.  Do not beg.  If you don’t understand this, PM me and I’ll write you a message in your native Chinese.

According to himself on another post, Bryan is getting his master’s degree.  Having been on the admissions committee for a university, this is why we interview candidates - - to weed out those who are socially inept.  Because at the end of the day, interpersonal skills trump book smarts and degrees.

This will hopefully be the last post I’ll ever write about Bryan, and I wouldn’t have if he didn’t invoke Inferno.  No use throwing pearls to swine.

R
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:35:19 am by Rampage »

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
OK. I guess.

BTW, some say this film is similar to... Star Wars ANH?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

the opening scene is definitely an obvious (and admitted) structural ripoff, yes, and i guess this probably extends further into the plot. the best part of the book is the bits that subvert normal heroic adventure plot beats though

by the way bryan i see you've been making edits to various wikias featuring hester shaw, do you happen to have a summary of all the stuff you've posted?

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
by the way bryan i see you've been making edits to various wikias featuring hester shaw, do you happen to have a summary of all the stuff you've posted?
Yeah. It's on the Kaven Base Databank, a Hellcat Squadran Wiki, a mega crossover of original content and canons from all over the place. There are multiple alternate universe versions of Hester, with at least one depicting her as pure evil... One of them (the Inferno Regime-Verse) portrays her as a savage authoritarian dictator of TRAPPIST-1 who attacked both UGSF and GTVA after allying with the Shivans, UIMS, Bosconian, Battura and Sadeen... There are UGSF ships named after actors playing characters in the Mortal Engines movie.

Phantom Hoover, if you want to discuss this, make a thread in the Arts & Talents folder.

BTW, I loved Hester Shaw because it's one of the reasons why people should add Philip Reeve as my favourite authors. For those who commented on Hester's scar depicted in the film's trailer, the Hester Shaw cosplay from 2013 predates this.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I've just read this post regarding about the Mortal Engines movie sequel that is the adaptations of Predator's Gold, and later, Infernal Devices and A Darkling Plain. While Peter Jackson and company are eyeing on doing Mortal Engines sequels, there has been no formal announcement of sequel plans. Philipa Boyens had this to say when asked about the possibility of a second film:

I certainly never sat down and I know Pete did sat down and thought of this in terms of a sequel–you know, sequels. I mean, we’re just, like, get this thing working first. And then think about what may happen. But, mostly, this has to work as a film. This may be the only one. Who knows? I hope not because I think it’s a–I think the story just keeps getting better and better. And I want to see the other traction engines now that I’ve seen in this one. I want to see Panzerstadt. I want to see Arkangel. I want to see these ones that are bigger and meaner.

The trailer posted here was nothing to write home about in terms of feel or giving one a sense of 'instant classic'. While London looked fabulous and Anna Fang feels absolutely murderous overall, it felt somewhat underwhelming.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template