Author Topic: Request hosting for Crysis 2 Battutamod  (Read 3247 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Request hosting for Crysis 2 Battutamod
I have completed a pretty extensive single player rebuild mod for Crysis 2, and I figured this would be as good a place as any to give it a permanent home (instead of living in a Reddit threat). What would be required to create HLP's least active hosted project board?

Re: Request hosting for Crysis 2 Battutamod
least active hosted project board
Well alone copying your release thread over there (51 replies) would give more posts than the FreeSpace: Fleet Command board (45)...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll have to see if I can find the post where we explained it but off the top of my head, the main things we want is proof of progress and a website we can point at. I'm going to also strongly suggest having worked out what licence everything is under.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I knew I was looking in the wrong places but it never occurred to me to look in announcements
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
My proof of progress is that it's done, but I got no website. I guess I could...add it to my author website?

Not sure, but I think Battuta only wants a forum board, or? Most projects on the non-FS hosted list have no website anyway (at least I don't see any).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:44:15 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The website requirement is no longer as important as it once was.  Originally, back when we were hosted by Gamespy, if your project had an FTP, you were required to have a publicly-facing website.  When we got our own hosting, we decided that having hosted websites was a good way to advertise a mod.

But if you are just looking to archive a discussion thread, and your content is hosted elsewhere (like on MediaFire), I don't see that a website is needed.  A few of the recently-added project-specific boards don't have websites either.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Board created.

Board created.

*tempted to go in first* :D

Probably somebody could move the release thread over there: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=92260.0