Author Topic: Inferno SCP Additional Content  (Read 48429 times)

Inferno SCP Additional Content
Can't wait for the final release.:yes:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Here' the Chiron from OTT

Has a different turret configuration and better tiling of the maps. It only uses 2 OTT maps, the rest are our SOCTiles.

Looks so close to the original I renamed to Hashim that it gives me pause. I think the story I originally had in mind won't work well with ship copies. I will have to revise some things, but I will now definitely wait for the release to restart things.

P.S. Looks like I have no choice now as every mission I make is getting corrupted after trying to playtest. Even simple missions with 1 v 1:confused:

Only thing to do now is to delete everthing and start from stratch:shaking:  No choice as everything seems corrupted.

(FIXED BY CHANGING TO DIRECT X):lol:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 09:19:12 pm by 2812 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Probably something similar to the requirements we used for testers a while back:

Low End:
500-800 Mhz CPU | 128-256 MB Ram | 32-64 MB T&L gfx card (GeForce 2/4MX)

Middle:
1-1,8 Ghz CPU | 256-512 MB Ram | 64-128 MB DX8 or DX9 generation gfx Card (GeForce 3 - GeForce 4 minus the MXs or ATI 7000 - 9600)

High End:
2 Ghz+ CPU | 512-1024 MB Ram+ | 128-256 MB+ DX9 gfx card

Wow talking about specs brought me back to the 1.8ghz and 256ram and ATI 8500 card I had when I first played this game. I remember having to turn some things down to get it to run smooth. Now with my Alienware system I am getting over 100 fps even on mission like Nemesis(INF-mission 14). Cool beans:D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INF SCP is optimised as best as we could make it.

We have lower poly versions of some of the HTL stuff for those who get slowdown from too detailed models.

We use DDS for high res maps, and PCX for the lower res ones.

We don't use any TGA files at all, and so the commandline -jpgtga isn't needed.

Even with all that it'll take a faster system than what was needed to run R1 SCP.

Originally posted by Woomeister
INF SCP is optimised as best as we could make it.

We have lower poly versions of some of the HTL stuff for those who get slowdown from too detailed models.

We use DDS for high res maps, and PCX for the lower res ones.

We don't use any TGA files at all, and so the commandline -jpgtga isn't needed.

Even with all that it'll take a faster system than what was needed to run R1 SCP.

Hey Woo, what paint program uses DDS format?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I use a plugin for Paint shop pro.
Do a Google search for DDS plugins and you'll probably find one for the most common paint packages.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ @2.1GHZ
1024MB DDR Ram
ATI Radeon 9200 SE 256MB
Win XP SP1
2x Segate 160GB hard drives (with 4GB+ INF stuff on both :D )

I run OGL with the following:
 -glow -allslev -ship_choice_3d -ambient_factor 95 -spec -spec_exp 11 -spec_static 0.8 -fps -window

I get +30fps except in really heavy combat. If it gets too much I make the mission designer cut stuff so it works well on my system :p
This is with max settings in FS2 options and using the high res DDS maps.

I don't run using the most of the HTL models though, they kill my system in combat, hence why there's low poly alternatives for most models included now.

I've tried to keep it running on slower systems, but with a 9800 pro you should be fine unless the ram slows it down.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have 6 ships nearing completion and 10 fighters/bombers made by Aldo up next for converting over. Hopefully all 16 ships will be ready by release time. Then I'll look into more of the OTT ships and a few capships I have lying around. Then onto the old R1 and R1.5 stuff. I don't think the INF Archives will be empty this time round :D

I think I'll be pushing our expanded 250 ship limit quite easily :p

I have 6 ships nearing completion and 10 fighters/bombers made by Aldo up next for converting over. Hopefully all 16 ships will be ready by release time. Then I'll look into more of the OTT ships and a few capships I have lying around. Then onto the old R1 and R1.5 stuff. I don't think the INF Archives will be empty this time round :D

I think I'll be pushing our expanded 250 ship limit quite easily :p

Well well, this is indeed some great news. I am glad you are getting close. I have just been freding some prototype missions and getting the new story together. One thing that has me wondering though, all of the Ancients ships being replaced by GTVA ships or is its a combo of Shvian, Vasudan, EA and GTVA add on ships? :confused:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Ancient ships are being replaced by new Ancient ships. except for the fighters. They'll be released most likely as an expansion with a campaign and so won't be packaged individually like these ones will be.

Most of these ships I'm doing will by Terran or EA ones, there's a few Vasudan ships planned, but only the Chimera for the Shivans right now. There's not many Shivan models released that we don't already use that we can get our hands on.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board

I've tried to keep it running on slower systems, but with a 9800 pro you should be fine unless the ram slows it down.

Don't worry. 128 MB card will do fine.

256 MB do not make much sense on cards slower than the 6600 GT.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah that's why I mentioned the RAM. If a 9800 couldn't handle it I think we'd need to do a complete redesign :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Current version of the Raziel:

This thing is quite difficult to remap.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well you shouldn't need 256mb of texture memory for this since we use DDS and PCX maps only, and all high res stuff is DDS.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Current version of the Raziel:

This thing is quite difficult to remap.

Sorry but "huh!"
Trying to put a bubble cockpit on that kind of shape is bound to look ****ty, btw.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well like I said, it was difficult to map :D

Oh while your here any chance I can get the lods to that station you gave me. We could really use them now.
You said the lods were done but the debris was not and so wouldn't give me them :p

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
what station?
well, anyway, there's nothing FS related left on my PC, so nah, not possible, in fact, sorry.
SCREW CANON!

Ok Woo that ship looks very GTA Terran. Excellent job mate. Now that I have seen the design I think that the black mate copy that I have could still work, especially since the new side will be fighting the EA not the GTA;) (Edit on second thought that looks EA is it???)

New Ancient ships! Man you guys are going to get me in trouble spending too much time with all  this new stuff. Keep'um coming:yes: