Author Topic: Homeworld 2 FX mod  (Read 4431 times)

So I was listening to a few HomeWorld soundtrack recordings on Youtube, and I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LiMuGeqIho&feature=related

And yes- all the species seen appear to be playable (haven't tested them all yet, but they're available).

Here's the mod's forum, I might be joining it, and they appear to need new people there too:

http://www.hwfx.galaxygaming.net/forums/index.php

P.S. And here's the link to the mod, requires HomeWorld 2 to run, so find that dusty box on that dusty shelf...:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/homeworld-2-fx/downloads
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Goddamn overused trailer music...

*grabs mod*

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

OK... guess I was a bit too fast with this post...

All factions are selectable, the tech room works, the concept art section works...

But the dayum game crashes when loading up a battle. At least the HW 2 FX forum has a new member- I'll have to ask them how to fix the stuff...

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I started downloading the game because it looked neat. Then I watched the trailer.

I canceled the download.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
OK... guess I was a bit too fast with this post...

All factions are selectable, the tech room works, the concept art section works...

But the dayum game crashes when loading up a battle. At least the HW 2 FX forum has a new member- I'll have to ask them how to fix the stuff...

Whu-? It works fine for me.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Reinstalled HW 2, reDL'd the FX mod, works...

Edit: The Progenitor tech tree is waaaaay off the hizzle, completely different than what was in stock HW2 (but I don't want to say precisely what's different, it's a spoiler I guess)... I wonder how the other species look like, still didn't test it all.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:22:50 pm by BengalTiger »

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Eh. After playing this mod a while I can safely that it's...average.

The Taiidan, Kadesh, and Turanic Raiders are more or less straight model/texture ports from the older games in the Homeworld series. Nothing new has really been done, and the translation from the original Chinese(?) is...amateur, to say the least.

I have to agree that the translation sucks...

As do a few ship ideas (IIRC the Progenitor interceptor drone model sucks, it's weapon should be the same the Dreadnought uses in it's point defence turrets instead of pulsars based off the Keeper Destroyer's secondaries... The Arsenal ship appears to be less cost effective than the Dreadnought, and a couple other things that seem to spoil some of the fun), but generally it's good enough, and could be way better with some modding done...

How hard is it to mod HomeWorld 2? Maybe I'd build a few ships there when not busy with RL and TotT...