Author Topic: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit  (Read 4616 times)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
yeah, I reckon the veyron and lambo roles should have been swapped in that trailer.
hell, it being heavy would make it better for smashing the racer's zonda's, etc.

but HOLY **** seeing the wing pop up with 'police' on it was badass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ouHWP0KrY

Sorry but did they just show a Lambo as the "top cop car" over the Veyron?

I sure hope they get it right in-game. Can't see the Lambo really holding a candle to the Veyron IRL.

Veyron's are overrated.

'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

I sure hope they get it right in-game. Can't see the Lambo really holding a candle to the Veyron IRL.

Veyron's are overrated.
I agree.

Still, the veyron is still (absolute top speed) faster than the lambo.
and *most* other cars, areo SCC excluded.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
That was kind of the point I was making. On a winding road I'd take a Caterham Seven or Lotus Elise over the Veyron any day.. but the trailer does rather imply straight line acceleration as the deciding factor in that pursuit.

Jesus, I'm really reading into this far too much.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
That was kind of the point I was making. On a winding road I'd take a Caterham Seven or Lotus Elise over the Veyron any day.. but the trailer does rather imply straight line acceleration as the deciding factor in that pursuit.

And I thought I was thinking too much when the thread made me think about all the tuning stuff (which seems to not be making an appearance this time around, I don't have too many qualms about that since the oldest NFS games only had standard cars, but meh). XD

The scene where the Veyron's spoiler comes up with the words "POLICE"... yes now that was really nice...

(disclaimer: the author of this post doesn't share the same love for the aforementioned super lightweight track rats, but he's relatively neutral anyway)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

Jesus, I'm really reading into this far too much.

but when you add in that you are smashing up other people on the road, then the 'fat' veyron makes sense as top copper.

(though I agree that for a race I'd rather have a light tossaround
at least that's how I'd modify my forza cars.
(2100lb E30 M3 is a blast, even against a texan online friend and his challengers / other muscle cars, and with a *little* contact..))

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I like the sound of this. :)

Although I bought Shift a while ago (to try out on my new computer) and I've had fun with it, I do enjoy the older games more. I play Hot Pursuit 2 a lot now, but my favourite was probably High Stakes. I don't not like the customisation options in the newer games (and NFS:III and High Stakes both had the custom colour feature), but in the older ones I could just jump into a car and drive, which is more appealing to me.

...jump into a supercar and drive, which is more appealing to me.

Fixed.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Thank you :)

Veyron's are overrated.
I agree.

Still, the veyron is still (absolute top speed) faster than the lambo.
and *most* other cars, areo SCC excluded.

But they Veyron is actually an overtuned beetle with an Italdesign... design

(And yes, the Lamborghini is an tuned up Audi :P)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:43:24 am by -Joshua- »