Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 581664 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
suddenly getting a bad login....

Same here.  Saying that it's an outdated server  :doubt:

Nice, Qaz said we were staying 1.8.1 for now and everything. Anyway, here is a 1.8.1 jar. It has Optifine and Rei's minimap, but I shouldn't think that would cause any complaints.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I didn't update anything.. I was on the server, building stuff when I suddenly got kicked out. When I tried to re-connect to server I couldn't. Version still shows as 1.8.1.
Will try again a bit later.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I'll sort it out later on tonight.

In other news, I liked to have thought myself above abusing the TNT when in creative mode, but today I just spent several hours reducing a world to rubble. I also crashed my PC after I lit a field of TNT that I'd spent the better part of an hour laying......FUN TIMES!  :wakka:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I wish to make a snow golem.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline watsisname

So I just pulled up a creative map and used the Eye of Sauron Ender to lead me to the stronghold -- just for ****s and giggles and curiosity's sake, since I haven't yet seen a stronghold except in screenshots.  So I pull out The Eye and toss it, and it moves.  And I follow it.  And I follow it and follow it and finally it stops in the middle of Mount Doom the ****ing ocean. D:

SO I GO DIVING!  I get to the bottom and PUNCH THE SEA FLOOR WITH MY BARE HANDS.  I break a single block and BAM there's the stronghold, with the sea now rushing into it, falling through the portal and obsidianizing the lava beneath it.  Whoops.  I go in and cover the ceiling up to stop the water, and notice that the whole room is only one block below the sea floor, and water is literally seeping and dripping through it.

And yeah, I dunno where I was going with this but now I'm in space and sleeping in exploding beds. :3
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:30:35 am by watsisname »
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline -Sara-

This is a generic request to anyone on the Qaz/Rhx/whatever-server. When you go AFK, please log out. :) The server seems to be quite laggy when more than a few people are online and lingering in a safe corner while being away for hours probably lags the server up a bit too. It's an idea, maybe it will reduce the lag a little too.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
I sort of have a problem. These trees are growing out of control. Seriously, they're growing faster than I can kill them. What should I do?

Should I use the TNT?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:02:21 pm by FlamingCobra »

Offline -Sara-

One TNT in the top is only useful for quickly destroying trees. Generally they won't grow in number if you don't plant more. Unless you know what you do it's also risky. E.g: it can blow up nearby trees, fall down and blow up the floor or if more then one is used (unless all anex to say a redstonetorch or switch) they may bounce off and explode far away hitting a lot of stuff you don't want it to hit.

ALSO: Grievers on server again, near spawn someone tried to place TNT with a presure plate. We don't know who, can PLEASE an admin somehow find this out? I used TNT with Haids around 7:00 - 8:00 pm GMT to clear up cave for making the stronghold, but this seemed to have happened earlier.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:13:35 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Trees shouldn't really be growing at all if you're not actively planting saplings.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Used my Mum's phone number as a seed and is now trapped in a 1min swamp hut, surrounded by endermen and skeletons with only a wooden sword.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-  :mad:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Used my Mum's phone number as a seed and is now trapped in a 1min swamp hut, surrounded by endermen and skeletons with only a wooden sword.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-  :mad:

lawlz

Trees shouldn't really be growing at all if you're not actively planting saplings.

New trees aren't growing. The top is just expanding. I planted a whole bunch of saplings in real close proximity to each other to make one big super tree that generates a lot of wood at it is just out of control.

Dyed sheep don't breed baby sheep of that color, right?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
New trees aren't growing. The top is just expanding. I planted a whole bunch of saplings in real close proximity to each other to make one big super tree that generates a lot of wood at it is just out of control.
Ah, you just happened to grow an uber-tree, then.  Newly-grown trees will sometimes grow branches off the main trunk, and once in a while you get one that has a whole bunch of them stretching out every which way.  It doesn't keep expanding after the initial growth, though.

I gotta say, I'm very pleased with the changes I've made, really turned my fort into something very good at last, with considerable help from Grimper and Trashman. Sara was also very nice to help yesterday ^^.

There's still several plans I need to continue on, such as the road towards Pinbalance Heights (Will send you the plans soon Swantz, sorry for the wait), and there's also a lot I want to develop, in and around my current borders, I'm certain I won't be done for quite a while ;)

I'm wondering how we'll make the jump to 1.0 though, it's good to see others preparing for it. Hoping to make good use of the new features as well. The possibilities in this game are endless, running Skyrim next to Minecraft is a constant competing battle of attention. Haven't had that before..says a lot to me.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I finally mined a bit of obsidian in SP (sooooo glad that mining time is being reduced), but I'm waiting until the upgrade to 1.0 to check out the Nether, since I think there's been some stuff added to it.  I wound up accomplishing a bunch of stuff in MP yesterday, too...not really so much in terms of the treehaus, since I'm still not entirely sure where I want to go with it, but more in terms of housekeeping-type stuff.  I now have a proper storeroom, and a theoretically-working mushroom farm in the area.  All my farming experiments are going to wind up being completely strung-out, as opposed to nice and compact, but oh well, at least they're there.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Hear ye, hear ye!

In light of recent unprecedented expansion of New TrashMania, the Emperor has decreed more land to be flattened and roads be placed, to expand the town area. The Emperor also decreed full use of the royal storage to these construction project, as well as help from the core of royal engineers (whenever time and circumstances allow).
Already houses, mansions and tavers and sprouting up.
Some citizens have voiced concernes that they might loose prime realestate area, as construction around the city center is expanding rapidly, and they might be forced to build in the outskirts, near the prison.
But fear not, since there is still much glamor and prestige a bit further from the center. The armory, barracks, mages guild and man other structures vital to the city will be contracted there. All involved earn citizenship.

Do you have what it takes to be a citizen?

So join in.
Do you part.
There is a long build project ahead, and TrashMania needs YOU!

:v: :v: :v: :v:

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Hear ye, hear ye!

In light of recent unprecedented expansion of New TrashMania, the Emperor has decreed more land to be flattened and roads be placed, to expand the town area. The Emperor also decreed full use of the royal storage to these construction project, as well as help from the core of royal engineers (whenever time and circumstances allow).
Already houses, mansions and tavers and sprouting up.
Some citizens have voiced concernes that they might loose prime realestate area, as construction around the city center is expanding rapidly, and they might be forced to build in the outskirts, near the prison.
But fear not, since there is still much glamor and prestige a bit further from the center. The armory, barracks, mages guild and man other structures vital to the city will be contracted there. All involved earn citizenship.

Do you have what it takes to be a citizen?

So join in.
Do you part.
There is a long build project ahead, and TrashMania needs YOU!

:v: :v: :v: :v:

I volunteer for a part in the city militia. Where do I sign up (IP), and am I able to join the server with the newest update?

The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Check the first post of the thread, and no, although hopefully the mod that the server runs will become 1.0-compatible very soon.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I volunteer for a part in the city militia. Where do I sign up (IP), and am I able to join the server with the newest update?

It's on the rhx\qaz server...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Wow Trashman, you're tempting me to expand into a role-playing position. I'm already visualizing how a video announcement would play out ;) Too bad I'm at work, I'd love to work on a small video with a voice over from you with that announcement and a eagle flight over the area. ;)

I'm experimenting with a style currently and expanded my fort out quite a bit to ensure I had enough room to build, hope to hear tips, suggestions and ideas from others what they think I should do, add or otherwise change. Feel free to look at any time and tell what you think, will be another 7 hours till I'm home.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Server down again?