Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576662 times)

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Read-only.

I know...I mean copying the designs into the new world and expanding on them there.

Just as a quick aside, if I could get it working, who would be interested in a Tekkit server via Hamachi? (probably, since it's the only way that I can find that works for this setup).

Tekkit allows pipelines/quarries, and lots of other technology, but at the price of being a little behind the curve with standard MC updates, and, being a player-created collection of plugins, is probably also less stable than common-garden Minecraft.

The downside to Tekkit is that you would need to download a special MC Loader based on Spoutcraft, so it's a bit of a job to start with, so I'd like to get a general sounding before I try :)

You do realise how tekkit started right? The technic pack is a rip off of every single good mod out there, taken, modified and ripped apart without the permission of the mod authors. Any mod author that complains about it gets their thread set upon by the legions of drooling, toothless tekkit fans until it's locked by a moderator. Not surprising considering that the technic pack was born in the SomethingAwful forums, which is either the scummiest or the second scummiest forum behind 4chan depending on who you ask.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:26:25 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Read-only.

I know...I mean copying the designs into the new world and expanding on them there.

The only thing being moved from the old world to the new is the Fenris.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
xD

I mean, going into the old world to look at my designs, taking screenshots or just memorizing dimensions, then rebuilding it in the new world with improvements.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:48:14 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You do realise how tekkit started right? The technic pack is a rip off of every single good mod out there, taken, modified and ripped apart without the permission of the mod authors. Any mod author that complains about it gets their thread set upon by the legions of drooling, toothless tekkit fans until it's locked by a moderator. Not surprising considering that the technic pack was born in the SomethingAwful forums, which is either the scummiest or the second scummiest forum behind 4chan depending on who you ask.

To be honest, I got interested watching a youTube video for it and thought it looked fun. With regards to the source, as a consumer I'm thoroughly enjoying playing it, and that is the end-case scenario. Considering that Minecraft itself is a rip off of every good mod out there, simply expanding on those design principles is not something I can feel overly outraged about.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

To be honest, I got interested watching a youTube video for it and thought it looked fun. With regards to the source, as a consumer I'm thoroughly enjoying playing it, and that is the end-case scenario. Considering that Minecraft itself is a rip off of every good mod out there, simply expanding on those design principles is not something I can feel overly outraged about.
this.

btw, if you get yours off the ground properly, i'll be shutting mine down, its just eating electricity uselessly at this point, since noone is online for any appreciative amount of time.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

this.

btw, if you get yours off the ground properly, i'll be shutting mine down, its just eating electricity uselessly at this point, since noone is online for any appreciative amount of time.

Banning prospective players before they've ever logged on probably doesn't help your user count.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

this.

Banning prospective players before they've ever logged on probably doesn't help your user count.

Banning players who would otherwise keep other players from coming on helps user count
"No"

this.

Banning players who would otherwise keep other players from coming on helps user count

Banning players pre-emptively for no apparent reason dissuades other players from coming on and likewise does not help user count.

Hmmn, let's see I can back up my statement with examples can you? Or are you just being a dork because you've nothing better to do?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:19:07 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Seriously, guys, quit the bull**** back-and-forth.  It's beyond old.

Honestly, just speaking personally, I think it's not at all fair to ban TrashMan from the server(s) based mostly on prior behavior here on the forums, especially when that banning was performed preemptively.  Putting his forum past aside, in all my dealings with TM on the server, I never found him to be anything but agreeable and helpful; I know I'm not the only one who feels that way, either.  Qaz, I'm sorry if you felt overly pressured by the requests that TM made; I can't say that I ever saw him get overly-demanding myself, at least not in front of me.  Like, I don't care whether or not you get along with him on a personal level, but basing admin decisions on what happened in the past here, as opposed to how he acted on the server itself, seems like a raw deal.

That's my piece, anyway.  As always, I'm not the one calling the shots, so take it for what it's worth.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You talking about little ol' me?
I didn't think I had that much power over people to doom servers with my mere presence. Yikes.
I'm even more powerfull than I thought. God-Emperor indeed. My very divine presence causes the ruines powers to recoil in pain and horror.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That said, everyone calm down. I thought we left teh drama a few pages back. Any more arguments and the thread will probably be locked down.

Also, a disclamer - if you are ever are in doubt if I'm being serious or joking in any of my posts, it's a safe assumption in 99% cases that I'm joking.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Micos

Seriously, guys, quit the bull**** back-and-forth.  It's beyond old.

Honestly, just speaking personally, I think it's not at all fair to ban TrashMan from the server(s) based mostly on prior behavior here on the forums, especially when that banning was performed preemptively.  Putting his forum past aside, in all my dealings with TM on the server, I never found him to be anything but agreeable and helpful; I know I'm not the only one who feels that way, either.  Qaz, I'm sorry if you felt overly pressured by the requests that TM made; I can't say that I ever saw him get overly-demanding myself, at least not in front of me.  Like, I don't care whether or not you get along with him on a personal level, but basing admin decisions on what happened in the past here, as opposed to how he acted on the server itself, seems like a raw deal.

That's my piece, anyway.  As always, I'm not the one calling the shots, so take it for what it's worth.

The reason why he was ban is because of the stuff he was doing on other server despite the fact that admins and others ware asking him not to do that.
I do support his ban, simply because i don't won't deal with that same stuff.

One of the other reason why the server is shutting down. It just that we don't have that much time and will to keep playing minecraft (since we will spend most time playing other game that will come out in few days).
The idea of shutting down the server was for some time, but we keep it running because of good players that was getting on line from time to time (no matter how few of them was).
As said before, it will be less time and money taking from our side.

And I'm glad that Flipside got his server up and setting it the why he like the server to be. If you don't like the mods he is running then don't play there.  A bit of change is allways great thing to break "all ready seen" settings.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I might end up running the server as Hamachi-only if I have to, though I'd prefer to be able to get FreeDNS working. I'll use a standard Bukkit build if that is all I can get to work (Deathfun was mucking around on it earlier), but if I can get a Tekkit server up and running, so much the better in my opinion, it adds a layer of depth to the game that makes it as much fun as when I first got it :)

It does still depend on whether I can get the machine intended to be the Server running to a state where I'd trust it to run overnight without worrying about a reset. At the moment, it's not even starting, but I think that's just a fuse thing. If I can get a server running on this machine, I can do it on the other, so I'm just toying with ideas at the moment.

Oh, and the reason I haven't been on lately is the update, I don't think your server is updated to 1.3.1 yet? If it is, then there's some kind of connection error between here and your server.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:33:02 am by Flipside »

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken