Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578327 times)

Exactly, it was either that or a crude joke involving two chickens, a diamond pickaxe and Angelina Jolie.  :P

God damn that's bloody specific

Are you saying you wouldn't dig a new expansion to Angelina Jolie's underground chicken farm?   ;7

I'd be willing to pay for Qaz to upgrade the server if neccesary myself too ;) Though it generally runs pretty stable. The amount of time those two play on Pece's server is insane though, it's like they're part of the scenery.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
We should all pitch in and convince qaz to switch to linode. They have a 1GB VPS for $39.99/m, and they don't suck.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I'd be willing to pay for Qaz to upgrade the server if neccesary myself too ;) Though it generally runs pretty stable. The amount of time those two play on Pece's server is insane though, it's like they're part of the scenery.
heheheheheh.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
We should all pitch in and convince qaz rhx to switch to linode. They have a 1GB VPS for $39.99/m, and they don't suck.
Fix0r3d.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
if you mean the stuff in the water, then thats something we have the 1.8.1 worldgen to thank for.
Ah, okay.  It initially looked strange how the dynmap was rendering it, so I thought it was something other than water.

I was getting thoroughly lost on your server last night trying to find deathfun's new area, and I came across some pretty amazing stuff.  It seems like almost everyone has enough resource-harvesting capabilities to supply the whole server themselves. :p I was really impressed by that massive pagoda-esque structure with the Minecraft dude statue fairly close to spawn, though I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get to the rail line leading directly to it.  Whoever made that large-scale mob spawner near bedrock with the clock-controlled water collector is a mad genius.  Really like the pumpkin decor at whoever's place is up north; some of those dyed-wool floors nearly blinded me. :D I enjoyed Flipside's "magical forest," and his tree farm proper is nothing short of gargantuan.

Offline rhx123

We should all pitch in and convince qaz rhx qaz to switch to linode. They have a 1GB VPS for $39.99/m, and they don't suck.
Fix0r3d.
Fix0r3d.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
We should all pitch in and convince qaz rhx qaz to switch to linode. They have a 1GB VPS for $39.99/m, and they don't suck.
Fix0r3d.
Fix0r3d.

Really? How come the IRC channel and old server URL (http://rhx123.atbh.us/minecraftserver/) were in your name then?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Fix0r3d.
Fix0r3d.

Really? How come the IRC channel and old server URL (http://rhx123.atbh.us/minecraftserver/) were in your name then?

Because it was his before.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
if you mean the stuff in the water, then thats something we have the 1.8.1 worldgen to thank for.
Ah, okay.  It initially looked strange how the dynmap was rendering it, so I thought it was something other than water.
tis just the good ol water.

I was getting thoroughly lost on your server last night trying to find deathfun's new area, and I came across some pretty amazing stuff.  It seems like almost everyone has enough resource-harvesting capabilities to supply the whole server themselves. :p
thank the spawner project for that.
  I was really impressed by that massive pagoda-esque structure with the Minecraft dude statue fairly close to spawn, though I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get to the rail line leading directly to it.
That part is made by Tweeds, and the rail to there is actually still in the courtyard of the spawn house. When you exit the house, head to the exit on the left.   
Whoever made that large-scale mob spawner near bedrock with the clock-controlled water collector is a mad genius. 
yokoso started it, flipside, micos, baurge and myself joined in on the fun, 4 days later and a 48x48(or bigger, not sure exactly) square was dug out (and by dug out, i mean dug out. no worldedit, no fastmine, no creative mode. back in 1.7.1 iirc.) i think most of us still have ****tons of resources left from that.

the mechanism down there is my construction, after the initial epicfail that didnt crush the mobs properly. i think its the third iteration of the "monster mash" :p

Really like the pumpkin decor at whoever's place is up north; some of those dyed-wool floors nearly blinded me. :D
i think thats by flipside and yoko together.

I enjoyed Flipside's "magical forest," and his tree farm proper is nothing short of gargantuan.
heh.

i think everyone pops by there every now and then, harvests then replants :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The checkered floor could be me or Yoko, he pinched my idea because he liked it, but the pumpkin decoration suggests you found either The Farm or the Temple, probably the farm, since the rail link to Spider Mines and the Temple is quite hard to find atm ;)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Just finished my first "True" deep mine run, and was the rewards were great. At one point, I completely abused the 1st rule of minecraft and ended up in redstone heaven, and was promptly in cave spider hell. After that, I came across a skeleton spawn room with a couple of chests that had eight diamonds in total. After it was cleaned out, it was sealed and marked. After a while of exploring, marking, path laying (left a strip of dirt in the left side of the passages) and squeeing in glee at the amount of ore that mine has in it, I went back to my forward outpost and dug straight up, knowing I'd hit the swamp somewhere near my fort.
Imagine my surprise that after three hours, countless tunnels and kilometers walked and a proverbial fraktonne of mobs slain, I end up not 40 feet from my perimeter wall and main door....but under the surrounding swamp. A quick dirt square and a bucket o' lava soon solved that.

Next step to be taken tomorrow?
*Secure the mine access properly and make it easier to get to (probably by expanding the wall).
*Set up a powered rail system so that I can get to the abandoned mine.
*Kill stuff
*?????
*PROFIT!!

Nothing compared to the stuff that you guys have done, but considering that after my first attempt left me with a VERY rational fear of Endermen and the deeper levels, I am bloody proud of myself for not dying while wearing only iron body armour and leather trousers.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I was getting thoroughly lost on your server last night trying to find deathfun's new area,

xD
http://minecraft.egzodus.com/map/
-1476, 504
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, I did see you poking around there on dynmap earlier today. :p

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
By the way, what's all that cloudy-textured stuff on pece's dynmap?

Land on dynmap is colour coded by height. The cloudy white stuff is high land, like mountains, and the lower you go, the darker the colour gets. Notice how JC's castle is set in a very dark area, because the land there has been lowered.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
By the way, what's all that cloudy-textured stuff on pece's dynmap?

Land on dynmap is colour coded by height. The cloudy white stuff is high land, like mountains, and the lower you go, the darker the colour gets. Notice how JC's castle is set in a very dark area, because the land there has been lowered.

Use the HD map, It's awesome  :p

On the panel on the right it should be the 2nd of 5 options for the main world.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hey deathfun, I started putting up a quick little hut a ways north of your big project on the same island.  It's the sort of thing that'll be quick to take down if/when you need to expand up to that area.  Lord knows I have my hands full enough with qaz's server, but I'll gladly plop down a house in your city once you get it up and running. :)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Hey deathfun, I started putting up a quick little hut a ways north of your big project on the same island.  It's the sort of thing that'll be quick to take down if/when you need to expand up to that area.  Lord knows I have my hands full enough with qaz's server, but I'll gladly plop down a house in your city once you get it up and running. :)

My city takes the entire island
I need more than just one house D:

I still need a layout too actually... god damn
"No"

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
People were asking if they could donate to server running costs, so, uh, here's a donation link. If there's enough, I'll upgrade the server to get another 512MB of ram, it's another $10 a month, but there's also a CPU upgrade to 2GHz, double the storage space (not an issue at the moment) and (although it means little given our usage,) an extra 1TB of bandwith
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline rhx123

nothing2strange and I have been working on rolling out a high-speed rail network using mostly existing track originating from the new main station under spawn.
Just to give you an idea of the progress:
  • It takes under a minute to get from spawn to old trashmania
  • Travel time from spawn to Fenris has been halfed

The trains operate on a fully automated switching system, simply read the destination on the sign above the platform, get in and press the button. The switches along the way will autoswitch to bring you to your destination
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:03:07 am by rhx123 »