Author Topic: Dungeonsige 2 review  (Read 1000 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Beats Diablo 2 easily.

A great game (still haven't finished it - on the last Act now..it's a long game:D)

A large number of various opponents and different, beautifull and LARGE worlds. Took everything noteworthy from Diablo - lot's of hack'n slash action, unique and set items, item forging.

What's better? Graphics for one. apart from that, good animations, LOTS of main and sidequests (and interesting ones too). You can have your own party and their is some level of personality nad interaction between various party members (still falls far from Baldurs Gate ones). Party is limited to 4 on the first difficulty level, 6 on second and 8 on third (I think).
You can allso have pets instead of party members (they take a charachter slot). Pets grow in power and gain levels, and if you feed them magic items they get more powerfull and get some special abilities.

Enemies are varried and especially the bosses are interesting - they are huge, powerfull and require more than just brute force to take down (the prime example would be the dragon, which you kill with a ballista).

Bad points?
 Well, It's still the old "you're the ONLY capable man around, save us" routine. While there's is a resistance and other soldiers you came across, they die at the end in 99.99% cases.
Allso the weapon blance seems to be a bit off, like in Diablo 2 (greatswords not worth it since their damage output is not enough to warrant loos of a shield), but to a lesse extent (in Diablo 2 the weakest weapon did 2-3 damage and the most powerfull one did hundereds of damage - here the weakest weapon does approximately the same, but hte most powerfull one I've seen deals 60-80 damage)

Classes? Well, too little for my taste - you have just 4 basic categories - melee, ranged, combat magic and nature magic, with different skills to develop in each category. They have interesing special powers and all, but it's just a bit too few.

All in all - this game get's a high score from me!:thepimp:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Actually, the party limit is 4, 5, 6 for the three difficulty levels.
But I agree, kickass game overall.
(\_/)
(Oo) This is Rabbit. Copy Rabbit into your signature and help Rabbit to World dominance.
(>< ) The Rabbit has done a lot for you lately. It is not your place to question the Rabbit

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
it's a good game, indeed.

I just need to get around to kick valdis' ass now, then I've finished the first run-through.

way to spoil the boss of act 2, btw.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
given tha class selections 4 is too little, even for the smallest difficulty.

You simply HAVE to have 2 fighter classes in there, or else your mages are gonna get ripped to shreds.

I played for a while with a 2 mages, an archer anda fighter - while a combat magic and nature magic mage work excellent together, they fall down if anyne even looks at their way... and many a opponent go straight at them, ingoring other NPC's.

Great game...could have been better with a few mionor tweaks (hell, I might makea few tweaks myself)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
the party I use the most is 2 archers and one of each mage class. will probably add a tank char on the next difficulty.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH